how big is your...

ShutterBug4_4 said:
Wow, I'm definately a small town girl......my hometown actually doesn't even have a population sign. I would guess the population to be about 350 people. The closest "big city" is Duluth, population 89,000 which is over an hour away... But I've been in Duluth for the last few years for school, thank goodness!

Duluth is a beautiful city. I spent many a weekend up there for many years at the Hawk Ridge weekend.

Oh, and to answer the topic, Indianapolis is something like the 13th largest city in the US. Still feels nice and relatively small though.

I grew up on a 440 acre farm in the middle of nowhere in northern Indiana. Closest town was 3 miles away and had 700 ppl. Nearest McDonalds--30 minute drive. I hated it growing up, but now my wife and I are saving our pennies and hoping that in a few years we can afford to move out away from the city a bit and buy 5 acres or so.

The city I live in has a pop of 17,500, but I live about 30 miles from Cleveland Ohio, which holds about 500,000, and there is a population of 2.9 million in the eight county Consolidated Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Hmm... Phoenix, Arizona! Some 3.5 million people spread all around a huge area. It literally takes me an hour and a half to go from the Eastern most point of Phoenix to the Western most point, and that on a freeway with normal traffic. Oh yes, I do drive (well) over the speed limit.

But I envy all of you living in smaller places. There is so much pollution, from air to noise and light.

ShutterBug4_4 wrote:
Wow, I'm definately a small town girl......my hometown actually doesn't even have a population sign. I would guess the population to be about 350 people. The closest "big city" is Duluth, population 89,000 which is over an hour away... But I've been in Duluth for the last few years for school, thank goodness!

What city are you in? I lived in South Minneapolis, Maple Grove and St. Michael

My hometown is Finland, MN. I never think that anyone will know where that is, but I'm always surprised...

About 40,000 in Hollywood, but it sets in the middle of biggest metro area in Florida of about 5 million plus in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The metro population is just about one million people. Sometimes it feels like a crowed city but for the most part it doesn't have that 'in a rush' big city feel.

Most reactions

Back