How Can I Clean it???

AyTee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been taking a shot for some water falls and the next day I had water droplets inside the lens and I cant clean it what should I do?

clean it so they aren't there anymore.

JD

wow, he said he cant clean it.

If you are sure they are on the inside of the lens, let the lenses sit in a dry environment until the drops evaporate. Could take a day or two.

wow, he said he cant clean it.
ummm... that was supposed to be a little bit of humor...

I was trying to point out that if he/she gives no information, we can't give much of an answer.

Is this an SLR lens? A point&shoot cam with water inside the lens? A camera-phone? What brand? Give us more info and you will get a more useful answer.

You can hope it dries out (in a warm & dry place), but lenses are supposed to be sealed. If its a P&S, drying it out on your own is probably the best bet (at least at first). If it is an SLR lens, I would be looking for a factory service center to send it to to dry & re-seal it.

JD

You can hope it dries out (in a warm & dry place), but lenses are supposed to be sealed. If its a P&S, drying it out on your own is probably the best bet (at least at first). If it is an SLR lens, I would be looking for a factory service center to send it to to dry & re-seal it.

JD

I've owned Canon lenses in the past where they're most definitely not sealed. The rubber focus ring was like a large black rubber band. THat could be peeled back showing vents and one one occasion i had to leave it in the car with the heater on and the band pulled back to remove condensation.

And it was a proper Canon lens and wasn't faulty and worked perfectly. That's the way it was made.

Not all lenses are sealed.

If you have a dehumidifier that would help speed it up as well.

1st : Its an old cam called Zenit 122 and yes its an SLR the lns is zenitar 50mm/F:2.0
2nd : What's a dehumidifier???
3rd : I left It for about 5 hours in direct sunlight and it didnt help

It takes a while and if not done in time can leave mold in the lens

I haven't had this problem, but have seen a lens with the after effects.

mold!!!!!!!

was that smart? im new and i dont really know anything, but from what ive picked up...should you have left a lens in direct sunlight?

1st : Its an old cam called Zenit 122 and yes its an SLR the lns is zenitar 50mm/F:2.0
2nd : What's a dehumidifier???

2. A dehumidifier is something that sucks the moisture out of the air. Not sure how well it would work but if it's a solution that doesn't involve taking apart the lens... I'd consider it.

You could try getting some decicant (sp?) from you local camera store and seal it and the lense into a bag to try and help speed up the drying out. Decicant (sp?) is a product that absorbs moisture, and should help draw the moisture out of yur lense.

Most reactions

Back