How can I make these better?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by BlueEyes01, Mar 21, 2009.

1. BlueEyes01

BlueEyes01 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok all, here are some photos of a friend of mines new grandson.
    These were taken at the hospital so obviously I had limited light but opened the curtains for natural lighting.

I have been studying to improve my photography & PS skills but I know I still have a long way to go. My question to you is:

I would love advice on how I could technically improve on these (taken with a Pentax K200D with a 18-55 lens)

What kind of Photoshopping could I do to give them that "special touch". (Some photoshopping has been done to these images, color, hue, curves, contrast)

Any feedback is appreciated!!:mrgreen:

1[​IMG]

2[​IMG]

3[​IMG]

2. Mgw189

Mgw189 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    They all look pretty good to be honest. I think composition could be a little better on some of them but that is just my being nitpicky.

1. Your cutting off parts of the head on the baby in the first one. I also probably would have brought the girls face a little further into the frame of the shot.

2. Is a little centered as far as subject goes and the top of the head is almost cut off by the edge of the shot.

3. Is pretty good. The lighting is a little uneven but that is a pretty tough thing to control really well sometimes given the circumstances.