how can i reduce firework with smoke when capturing?

junqi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

how can i reduce firework with smoke when capturing?

i try this setting f16, iso 100, 30sec with bulb mode. when firework start to burst i start to capture and hold the shutter and place a black card in front of my lens. once i notice a great shot i will release the black card for 1-2 sec. i will repeat this process until 30sec. but i still getting firework with smoke anyone know how to resolve this ?

Show us an example image.

here the image.

142y9w7.jpg

Isn't smoke is the nature of fireworks? Smoke will get denser as the time goes by. It's the best to shoot earlier when the show starts where there is almost no smoke.

Last edited:
that's smoke?

Isn't smoke is the nature of fireworks? Smoke will get denser as the time goes by. It's the best to shoot earlier when the show starts where there is almost no smoke.
Even though i shot earlier on when the show start. but after a few fireworks it will still produce smoke. do you have anyway to get rid of it ?

Not sure if we can really turn the smoke 'off'. There's always smoke in every real firework shot. The closest I can think of is some people use a kind of filter to overcome bright yellowish sky due to light pollution when shooting Milky Way but still not sure if it will work for you. Maybe possible but with multiple shot and a lot of post processing work. Better look for firework expert shooter.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back