How can tell a story with an image of just feet??

Yeh i could give it a go, what would you have as the setting? the setting has to suggest something adventurous with the once upon a time line.

The woods. All fairy tales have woods in them.

Edit: I hate doing people's homework for them, but this was entertaining and it gave me an idea.

What you make me want to try is one photo with 4 frames. The first three would be a street level view of some one walking down the sidewalk towards my friends shop with the last one having the person stepping through the door. It would be a cool ad idea.

Thanks.

Boots... shell caseings....fake bullett hole in boot...shot my self in the foot?

Do a google photo search for John Holmes. He has a "foot" that can tell a bunch of stories!:lmao:

I understand you dont want to peoples homework for them, was jus trying to get some inspiration.

A few off the top of my head...

There's always the timeless classic of "HELP" painted on the bottom of the groom's shoes, seen when he's kneeling during the ceremony.

A hole worn in the sole of the shoe always tells a story.

Cobbler's tools with a shoe on a work bench tells another story.

Running shoes with the laces looking like they're flying in the wind is fun (you can use wire in the laces to hold them in place for the shoot)

Running shoes positioned in a runners starting block is another idea. Or maybe positioned like they're going over a hurdle.

Engineer boot positioned on a Harley Davison motorcycle peg next to the motor.

Ballet shoes on tip toes or in another classic pose.

Clown shoes and a floor with confetti, noise-makers, balloons, ribbons or other party favors.

Wow, Buckster's full of good ideas! (Better than being full of something else, right?)

I understand you dont want to peoples homework for them, was jus trying to get some inspiration.

Shouldn't that come from within?
Isn't part of the project, or any project like this, to teach you to problem solve. :thumbdown:

Shouldn't that come from within?
Isn't part of the project, or any project like this, to teach you to problem solve. :thumbdown:
Meh. I can see this point of view as well, but, he posted here and got some ideas. It's still up to him to make anything worthwhile of them, which is what the assignment is really about. Those ideas could even spark one of one's own.

There is many ways!!
The second i read the title i came up with two ways...
when you are shy you (or cartoons atleast) tilt one foot up onto the toes and crosses it behid the heel of the other foot
(no examples sorry)
or as previously suggested, old shoes to show a story of homelessness
you are the photographer, you decide, it could be something less obvious, like a picture of feet, normal feet BUT the surrroundings change the story i.e. feet in broken glass
water
ruins etc...

Sorry, but I can't help to say that when I'm told to tell a story with a photo, that I think it should really make a person's imagination to go wild when they see it and not just look at a picture and think, "That's some cool shoes".

A friend of mine posted a pic of her little girl's toes and her own toes painted pink called "Mommy feet and baby's feet". It was very cute!

Most reactions

Back