How come GIRLS never post their GUY PROBLEMS?

core_17 said:
Are you watching "To Catch a Predator 4" like I am right now? :scratch:

no, but i watch alot of CSI, plus i stayed at a holiday inn last night, so i know how these guys work, hahahaha.

summers_enemy said:
Very good point. :D

However, I am definitely open to all of your guys suggestions on my current little circumstance.

I've been dating someone for just about a month. We get along great, always have fun, etc. But he's not going in for a kiss! What on earth am I doing wrong??? Surely after a month I should at least be able to expect a little peck on the cheek?!

Maybe you're ugly.

Or maybe you're too hot.

Maybe you should kiss him.

Guys have unbelievable fragile ego's. We also don't take "Hints" very well. Don't expect that touchy feely is a hint. You know how many girls do that sh!t to **** of their boyfriends...who are standing nearby? Signals must be CLEAR. You basically need to make a roadmap.

"So John, you gonna make out with me any time soon."
"Well Sally, I was just waiting for you to ask..."

Bingo, makeout session in full effect.

We're not women, we're men. We don't think like you. If you want us to do things...just effing say it.

hey... I did! I posted something about 2-3 months ago... and I got some great advice from you :hugs:

bace said:
Maybe you're ugly.

Or maybe you're too hot.

Maybe you should kiss him.

Guys have unbelievable fragile ego's. We also don't take "Hints" very well. Don't expect that touchy feely is a hint. You know how many girls do that sh!t to **** of their boyfriends...who are standing nearby? Signals must be CLEAR. You basically need to make a roadmap.

"So John, you gonna make out with me any time soon."
"Well Sally, I was just waiting for you to ask..."

Bingo, makeout session in full effect.

We're not women, we're men. We don't think like you. If you want us to do things...just effing say it.

Good point I agree with what you are saying..BUT.. that would be like for other things, simple things ya know what I mean...not for action...I would think a guy would be all up for being the first to start that stuff...what guy would need a signal for that?...AAAAND after a month...you would think he would be rounding the bases and not stuck at home...

LilCujo said:
Good point I agree with what you are saying..BUT.. that would be like for other things, simple things ya know what I mean...not for action...I would think a guy would be all up for being the first to start that stuff...what guy would need a signal for that?...AAAAND after a month...you would think he would be rounding the bases and not stuck at home...

Maybe one of his friends has told him to wait for a critical signal before going for it? Do you hold hands? That's usually the first stage... What about when you leave each other - do you kiss then? Maybe if you do a peck on the cheek, you could go for something saucier?

You could always ask him out for a date, like make it obvious - blokes are crap at signals! :lol:

Rob

Bace is SPOT ON about the 'guys don't take hints' thing. I'VE LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY!!!!

In the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend, I'd get upset because he couldn't read my mind, and wasn't doing the things I wanted him to do. Then I figured out I was being stupid and unreasonable, cuz I can't expect ANYONE to read my mind...so I'd drop subtle hints...that didn't work either...so I'd give more obvious hints...still nothing....I WAS SO FRUSTRATED!!! Finally I figured out that ya just have to come out and SAY IT DIRECTLY. Not even blatantly obvious hints work...So now it's "Erik, this is what I want from you, how I want it, and when I want it". Still doesn't always get through, but it's the best method I've found yet.

...though now I get the "well aren't we demanding" thing now and then from him :er:

So he gets upset when I expect him to read my mind, and he gets upset when I just tell him what I want.

Men. I tell ya. :p

You guys crack me up.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not inclined to believe that I'm too ugly as he's the one that asked me out. ;) Though I highly doubt that I'm "too hot" either.:lol:

I think you've hit it on the head though Rob. I absolutely HATE hand holding of any form, so our little hand holding sessions usually don't last long before I can't take it anymore and pull away.:blushing: However, I've tried to make up for this by attempting arm interlocking and other random little touches. When we part ways he always tells me to come give him a hug, but no, there's no cheek kissing action either. I keep thinking that I should try to slip a cheek kiss into the hug...:scratch:

So I basically need to take initiative and start ego stroking? I can try, but a girl can only go so far before she starts to feel a little whore-ish. ;) And yes, I have asked him out on two "dates" before. :D

summers_enemy said:

I'm not inclined to believe that I'm too ugly as he's the one that asked me out. ;) Though I highly doubt that I'm "too hot" either.:lol:

I think you've hit it on the head though Rob. I absolutely HATE hand holding of any form, so our little hand holding sessions usually don't last long before I can't take it anymore and pull away.:blushing: However, I've tried to make up for this by attempting arm interlocking and other random little touches. When we part ways he always tells me to come give him a hug, but no, there's no cheek kissing action either. I keep thinking that I should try to slip a cheek kiss into the hug...:scratch:

So I basically need to take initiative and start ego stroking? I can try, but a girl can only go so far before she starts to feel a little whore-ish. ;) And yes, I have asked him out on two "dates" before. :D

He thinks you're not up for it cos of the hand thing. That's what I reckon. If palms freak you out, put your hand on top of his and stroke it - that always works for me *cough* :blushing: erm...

He's hugging you cos that's the closest he feels comfy with. So, maybe a head turn and a kiss on the cheek - that shouldn't be pushing anything too far. Then go for the full French tonsil action! :p

Rob

summers_enemy said:
Very good point. :D

However, I am definitely open to all of your guys suggestions on my current little circumstance.

I've been dating someone for just about a month. We get along great, always have fun, etc. But he's not going in for a kiss! What on earth am I doing wrong??? Surely after a month I should at least be able to expect a little peck on the cheek?!

good god, just kiss him.

I agree... just do it. Guys are *are you ready for this* usually more insecure than girls. It's just something about our genetic makeup. I think that he is basing his chances of leaning in for a kiss and making contact on your hand holding ritual and not much is worse than leaning in to plant a kiss and getting the cold shoulder..or cheek as it were. So, if you make the first move, I think it would be a safe bet that he would reply favorably.

That'll be $400 please. ;) :lol:

summers_enemy said:

raas just kiss him. Dead full on. Sort the situation out.

Most reactions

Back