How did I do this?

Nwcid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbnokesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Many years ago, 2011, I took this picture with my Nikon D90 using the 18-105 lens and all auto settings as I did not know how to properly use my camera yet.

What caused this "effect"?

ISO 800, 18mm, f 3.5, 1/50 sec

11674.jpg

Last edited:
Zoomed-in with a slow shutter speed?

Are you asking us because you don't know how you did it or are you asking to see if anyone can guess how you did it? I agree with waday you zoomed in or out while taking the pic.

Sorry for the confusion. I am not sure how it happened, so I am trying to find out.

I took a couple hundred pictures on that incident. 2 photos had that effect to them.

I have probably taken close to 100,000 photos now and those are the only 2 I ever had that happen on.

Sorry for the confusion. I am not sure how it happened, so I am trying to find out.

I took a couple hundred pictures on that incident. 2 photos had that effect to them.

I have probably taken close to 100,000 photos now and those are the only 2 I ever had that happen on.

Something must have triggered the long shutter speed. You probably didn't realize your camera was in the middle of the shot when you zoomed in or out.

Zoomed during exposure. Nothing more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back