How did I do this ???

Philip Weir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sydney, Australia. The land of peace and sunshine.
Website
www.philipweirphotography.com
I shot this many years ago, which is a clue in itself. How did I get this effect. Whoever figures it out will get a free outdated roll of film. Philip.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Soft-1.jpg

that was my guess but the pattern is wrong... I would say matte spray over a uv filter or piece of old glass over the lens. Reminds me a lot of a wedding shot I made through the leaded glass door of a sanctuary that did not allow cameras inside.

maybe screenwire

I used to have a uv filter with a quarter sized clear spot in the center and fogged all around. I know it was as quarter because it is what I used.

I don't have a guess, but I wanted to say that I like the image a lot! :)

mysteryscribe said:
that was my guess but the pattern is wrong... I would say matte spray over a uv filter or piece of old glass over the lens. Reminds me a lot of a wedding shot I made through the leaded glass door of a sanctuary that did not allow cameras inside.

maybe screenwire

I used to have a uv filter with a quarter sized clear spot in the center and fogged all around. I know it was as quarter because it is what I used.
This is more what I'm thinking....an inexpensive filter that was treated with something....possibly vaseline? And slightly overexposed to heighten that ethereal effect. Nicely done, however you did it! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back