jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey gang,

I was rummaging through the TPF attic, and I found a post by someone asking for a little background about the Forum. Chase explained that he started the site because he knew very little about photography and wanted to get some wisdom from smarter people.

So, that got me to thinking (and this may actually be a bit of a boring thread, but we'll find out), what were the paths that led y'all to this site?

Here's my story.

I, like the Chase of old, woke up one day with no knowledge of photography past taking snaps on vacation. But on that bright morning in late May of 2005 I decided that I wanted to get into photography. Since I have a website that allows me to have a forum on it, I thought, "Hmmm wouldn't a photography forum be great?" Then I could get all these wise people to tell me everything thing I want to know, and I'd be famous, and people would like me, and Ann Curry (mmm Ann Curry :drool: ) would interview me and I'd be rich and famous.

So, I decided that a quick check of the internet would probably be wise, as there may have been one already. Well, much to my surprise, I found this here little Forum. So, I decided that Ann Curry (mmm Ann Curry :drool: ) would be able to live without interviewing me, and joined this one instead of starting my own.

How about you?

actually, my husband is a good photographer, and has been into it since noah was a pup.... i kinda dabbled...

he really got down with the sickness as it were..and a friend told me they had found this site, check it out... so i read it a few months..then joined...then little by little started writing... started commenting.. and now i am so bad, i cant go for long without checking things out... i have gotten anicole on here, and my son and current girlfriend look at it all the time, and some friends of mine check it out all the time....

funny note, when i first started reading, i would read everybodys answer to the photos..and would look at the shots, and think, i will never fit in here... i am too... country sounding, weird in ideas..and all around goof ball...

never thought i would get a nod or a hidy from anyone... now i feel like this is a neighborhood....sometimes a neighbor is home, sometimes not... sometime i borrow milk or sugar..sometimes i just sympathize with them when they lost a family member....and sometimes, i cant wait to hear they have a new addition....and then feel like a good friend had their baby...

now its like family... you dont like every single thing about everyone, but they are family, and you have to love them..... and i do.... maybe to pieces... small little pieces... but love them all..!!!

I joined because Aprilraven was a member and told me that I just HAD to check out the talent on this forum. She also said everyone was really nice and it was a fun place to be.

She was right ... it's like summer camp all year long!

I :heart: TPF!

I was starting to get more serious into photography, and wanted to learn more, but didn't know where to start. My boyfriend suggested I find a photography forum. So...I googled it up, TPF was the first or second on the list, I clicked in, and joined. It was the first forum I found, and the first forum I've ever been on.

One day whilst out for a stroll I tripped over a rock. As luck would have it I flipped the rock over with my foot to find underneath......

....ants. Then I went home and Googled 'photography forums' and this place was top of the list

I did the same thing, in a way. I just searched. Photo Forums...and this one came up. That was in December 2003, and Im still here. That is how good this forum has been to me. I learned everything here.:thumbup:

Well, I was about to leave for a kiters gathering (kiting is my other big hobby (but smaller than photography ofcourse ;)) and all of a sudden I got the wacky idea of writing a story on the day I was about to have, and submit it to the Kiting magazine I recieve. Then, I had the wacky idea of also taking pictures to go along with my story.

I went to the meating, took the pics, wrote the story. And when I had the film developed.. The pictures turned out to be crap... But my interest was sparked. Because when I was taking the pictures, I liked the part of looking for nice angles, perspectives, compositions, ect a lot. I was just lacking in knowledge I figured.

So I decided to look up some stuff about photography on the internet. That quest eventually got me to this forum, where I hung around for a good while, browsed the photos and read the posts.

Then, when I finally got some decent pictures, I decided it was time to register to the forum, and post my pictures. So I did, and you were all so nice to me. And here I am today, taking more pictures than ever, Gathering more knowledge on photography than I would ever had without you guys, ever learning more, and still loving every second I spend here. Thank you all! :D

well, I started posting on the Canon Digital Camera forums... but that forum was horrible, they wouldn't post to my photos because I was still using film.. :p

That was the last time I posted there... I did a quick google search and found TPF. :thumbup:

I posted here so much that my friend Deborah (SN: scotlynnd) decided to join as well. She's at college and actually does work(or so she tells me) and doesn't really post much... but she always reads what I write and kicks me around for it... :mrgreen:

:lmao:

I do not remember. I know I was bored at work editing a photo in photoshop and then I was a member.

tmpadmin said:
I do not remember. I know I was bored at work editing a photo in photoshop and then I was a member.
actually, Chase knocked you out and dragged you in... sorry to inform you about that... :meh:

Well I was already a member of another forum which kind of imploded on itself. Mansi was a member there as well and to make a short story even shorter - she found this place and invited me to join.....and I'm very glad she did. :D
TPF is a great community!

Most reactions

Back