How did you get your first wedding clients?

mortallis288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What did you do to get your first wedding?

They came to me, when I was doing public relations photography for an organization.

skieur

Friends and family. (I personally have only done 2)

Same for me. Only now I have friends of friends calling me. Kind of cool. I just don't think I want to get into wedding photography in any kind of serious way. I don't like the pressure. My wedding photos sucked compared to the portfolio the photographer showed us and I would hate to let someone down the way I was let down.

Yeah, they are very scary!!!! I was more afraid of missing an important moment. During my second wedding I was on my feet non-stop for 6 hours without a moments rest. Then I spent 14 hours editing their photos (not at one sitting of course).

Someone I know didn't want to do the job. In fact so far all of my weddings have been like that with the addition of the friends and families too.

I was the only person my friends new who had an SLR and knew how to use it, being an honest bloke they also knew I wouldn't rip em off. H

good friend asked me as she could't afford a photographer.

i felt sick, the responsibility!!!!!!!!

so i said i would do it as a wedding present.

it turned out fab i really enjoyed it and the pics were great and the bride thought so too.

then ive done two more on the word of mouth idea.

and have three booked for next year.

i would nt want to do one a week during the summer months as the after work editing can take hours as said above 10 to 20 hrs a wedding. as i work as well and have a child and a life ideally i would like maybe 1 in may june july and august with four weeks in between each.. ha ha i dont want much do i!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

the besthing i think is word of mouth then they already know that your just starting out and may have a small portfolio

I did a few friends then the rest came by word of mouth.

I did 5 free weddings and asked for referals. I explained to my client that they should hire a pro. I am here to build my portfolio. I had them sign this in a contract as well.

My first wedding I did for $150. She couldn't afford a photographer, so I basically quoted her $150 to cover gas, two sets of 4x6's and got a couple of 8x10's and 5x7's. She was very happy with them, plus the wedding and reception only lasted about 3 hours total, plus she is a good friend

I have assisted at 3 weddings and my one solo was my cousins, as a gift. Since then I have had several inquiries, so essentially word of mouth and through my flickr site (yay... cheap advertising)

i started in wedding videography but have always used a camera - did some low cost jobs then just added photography to the business and advertised - people would come in for videography and if they wanted photography i would hire a video shooter - video, now that's some processing time which is i why i do a lot more photography now.

Advertising on Craigslist believe it or not! Even more remarkable...they were totally normal people! I halfway expected ax-murderers, craigslist can be a scary place ya know.

they are so many craiglist photographers in Atlanta though it seems like anyone with a camera advertises on there

Most reactions

New Topics

Back