How did you learn...

Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How did you learn photography...??

Self taught....college....unversity...apprentice???

;)

1987 till 2006 self learned film on a pentax, 2006 to date here on digi. This forum rocks with lots of info and helpfull folks:thumbup:

"Self taught" which boils down to taking pictures, asking for feedback on them, researching various topics, etc. This is not a past tense thing... I'm always learning and suspect I always will be.

I have learned a lot from the folks on this forum.

"Self taught" which boils down to taking pictures, asking for feedback on them, researching various topics, etc. This is not a past tense thing... I'm always learning and suspect I always will be.

I have learned a lot from the folks on this forum.

Ditto!

Trial & Error...lol

Started - December 07
Really started like a manick - christmas day - arrival of sigma 70-300mm

Self taught all the way - much of it being through forums with feedback on photos as well as just reading through posts that caught my eye - a lot of tips picked up this way.
TPF and other like forums are fantastic resources - offering up free comments, advice and ideas - something very hard to find locally!

so I have not even been shooting a year and as far as I have reached today I know there is still a very very long road to walk!

Started with a pinhole camera in cub souts and went from there

Oh yeah ... lots of error here ... and my family considers the whole hobby a trial ...

:lol:

Gee, I have noooooo idea what you're talking about. :lol:

Self taught & apprenticed...sort of.

Started off borrowing my uncle's camera at about 14 years old. My parents bought me my first camera for my 15th (Minolta X-370), and I started shooting for the high school yearbook & newspaper. The yearbook teacher was the Art teacher and a semi-pro photographer, my HS guidance counselor was also a pro photographer, and taught a 2 student-per-semester Photojournalism class, which counted toward English credit, and the pro photographer who did class, group, & senior pics also took me under his wing.

Pretty much entirely self taught. First camera was a Christmas present at the age of 6 - sh!t, that was 40 years ago. A s/h 127 format Kodak Brownie, I reckon it may have had two rolls of film through it. Most of what I've learned came from magazines, books, and the back of a pack of ID11. Since the dawn of digital, I learned most from the Open University T189 short course: The photography side of things provided nothing, the Photoshop side opened up a whole new world.

self taught also. started with a Nikon FM in the late '80s, my dad always had photo books and used to buy second hand cameras and go and shoot all the characters down Portobello rd in London with his Nikons and Rolliflexes. I just kind of followed suit. Then he came to visit me in the states in '06 with the Nikon D70. I got hold of it and was hooked again (I had gone mostly point and shoot digital for a while!)...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back