How distracting is the road marking?

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a couple here to a closed road because I thought it would provide for a cool fore/background. I'm starting to think the lines are distracting, especially where I didn't center well to them.

What are your thoughts? should I take the time to remove it?

The Coursons by The Braineack, on Flickr

Well now they are, since you mentioned it lol - I couldn't help but think they're noticeable because I was looking for - what lines...

Really I think the foreground more so than the background, even cropping the bottom some would probably minimize them. Not the worst distraction you could've had.

It's a real nice picture of them, although I'm not sure about that pose with her bright color pants, not sure that's too flattering (his pants being a neutral color blend in more with the setting). Good color and I like the sunlight hitting her hair. Great expressions too, looks like they're having fun.

I think they're fine -- especially with her right foot out like that seemingly taking a step. She's walkin' the line and she's way too cute for anyone to notice anything else but her.

Joe

A sand blaster should take that paint right off. It shouldn't take you longer than an hour ;)

The lines are minor to the picture. I don't see a major issue there...

yeah.. what you doing bringing people to a road and expecting to not have lines in the photo?

looks okay to me, really. Good to see you posting more photos again.

Not a problem. Good pic I say..... :)

I would remove...how do you sell you images? Maybe only remove if it was an image they chose to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me enough that I would spend Time removing it, but I might not choose that spot again.

Nice work!

I say take them out. That woman's outfit is already all over the place with color, and the yellow just adds more.

I think it is not really distracting for a ordinary viewer, but for a photog the fact that you did not consider it as part of the composition, is distracting.

I think the lines add to the photo. They tie the foreground to the leaves on the ground, but still emphasize the distinction between foreground and background. They add to the colorful nature of the family area, as distinct from the background. And I like the fact that no one is centered over the lines. BTW, the lighting is really nice. I usually yawn at family portraits, but this is a really good photo independent of its purpose.

I don't think the lines add to the picture so would take them out. Also would eliminate the bright leaves by his left shoulder and touch up the bulge by the ladies right foot a bit.

To be honest I probably wouldn't have really noticed them if you hadn't specifically asked about them. The ladies clothes are a distraction from the lines, she sure is dressed in a lot of different bright colors! If it really bothers you or them then remove the lines. If they haven't made any comments about them then I would probably just leave them there.

Most reactions

Back