How do I add an Action to PSE7?

sunbeam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok,
So, I have come to the conclusion that I am completely challenged when it comes to anything to do with Photoshop!! I am trying to figure out how to add actions etc to my pse 7. I found a site that has great album templates, but need to add resizing actions etc, and I cannot figure it out, to save my life. Also, they talk about a clipping mask action. No clue how to find/use that either. If anyone knows what they are doing, and doesn't mind helping a technically challenged and frustrated peer out, I'd be soooo greatful! Thanks!

Actions are just a saved list of commands. You can record your own actions via the actions pallette.

You can download premade actions and load them into Photoshop (and I assume Elements as well). It's usually just a matter of putting them in the right spot. In Windows, use windows explorer and find the Photoshop Elements folder under the Program Files directory. There should be a folder in there somewhere called 'actions'. That is where you should save the action files.

Then from the actions palette, you can access the command to 'load actions'. That should take you right to your actions folder, where you can choose your new action and have it loaded.

There are plenty of 'how to' tutorials to be found.
http://www.texaschicksblogsandpics....l-actions-in-photoshop-elements-7-on-vista-2/

The only way you will learn to do things in PS is to keep experimenting. Find tutorials on the internet and keep at it.
I've made tons of mistakes and errors, but the hard work is worth it.

I don't think Elements has a Action Pallet and I also don't think Elements can run actions you've downloaded.

But I think it can do scripts. It's been awhile since I used Elements for anything.

Last edited:
Shoot, ya I can't find an 'actions' folder, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. I'm using Vista, and PSE7. I still haven't been able to figure this out. Thank you to those who responded, and Mike, you're always so great about helping us noobs out!!

I'm about 90% certain elements doesn't support actions. You're going to have to spring for CS4 or something like that if you want to use actions I think. :(

I think you can install some actions, you just can't create them, not sure, but this site has some stuff called actions and instructions to add them for Elements. I've followed the directions and done it, some nice stuff over there. I have Elements.

SITE

INSTRUCTIONS

ACTIONS TO DOWNLOAD

Most reactions

Back