How do I border my pics all at once?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Dave V, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Dave V

Dave V TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Basicly I've jsut come home from a car show and I have 200+ okish pics and about 30 that I am delighted with and want to make a bit better looking with borders.

I don't have the time to border them individually in photoshop as I'm not that good at using PS anyways. Is there a way to border all the pictures at once?

I have done a search but couldn't turn up what I was looking for.

2. Fangman

Fangman No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    In photoshop - open one image and choose canvas size and say increase by say 5 or 10% on both sides (you can choose percentage with a foreground colour chosen to fill the extra of your choice. You can now select all, go to edit menu and pick stroke to give a contrasting colour. If you pick a fairly wide one you can repeat with narrow bands. Have a play until you are happy with your result so you can remember what you did. Go back to an open image and go to Actions. Hit save action at the bottom of the drop-down and name your action and repeat the above stages and stop recording after saving image to a new folder. You can now go in the file menu to batch - pick your source folder and then the name of the action and bingo . . .it will work through the lot. Usually in the action menu there are some pre designed frames that might suit.

3. Dave V

Dave V TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks man, that was a great help!:thumbup: