How do i create the following style

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by cesarmario, Sep 2, 2015.

1. cesarmario

cesarmario TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi guys, does anybody know how i can create a style like this:

http://defected.com/media/_thumbnai...def_shakedown_-1109398_image-detail-box20.jpg
    http://defected.com/media/_thumbnai...def_shakedown_-1108431_image-detail-box20.jpg
    http://defected.com/media/_thumbnai.../def_we_are_m9-1100954_image-detail-box20.jpg

More on: Defected Records

I really like the mood and the color choices used in these images. I think a lot has been done in Post processing i gues.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
  2. mmaria

mmaria Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    you can't post images that aren't yours, you can put links to them

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Investigate photographic lighting.

4. cesarmario

cesarmario TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Okay i didnt know this. Can you explain more about investigating photographic lighting?

5. echoyjeff222

echoyjeff222 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    look into using off camera flash. it looks like a nightclub with added flash, maybe color adjusted with a filter.

6. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit

I clicked around on three of the portfolios on the site: whoever does their image processing is very capable. There is not just one look...the site has many,many images that have been processed by a very capable person or persons. For the beginner, I think using Lightroom and multiple presets is going to be the easiest way to get an approximation of some of the various looks. In Photoshop, you need to really,truly understand every single possible processing control that might be used and in what combination, to create a look; in Lightroom, you can go online and look around and find Lightroom presets which will give you the basic shifts that create various looks; once you have a set of presets installed, open an image in the Develop module,a and then slide the mouse down the list of presets and once you see a possible match, click on it, and make some rough corrections, see if that'll look okay.

I am basing this on the supposition that you are not a Photoshop expert...Lightroom will be much easier for you to use if you want to process images with strong, distinctive "looks", and do it fast, and with the ability to pre-check the suitability of the preset to the source image.