how do i do this in photoshop cc ??

thanks. i know how to use light room pretty well. the graduated filter or adjustment brush on light room does not seem to change the color that well.

cant get anything like the colors like rob blair on lightroom

There really is very little need to work with smart objects in Ps. You can handle all of your adjustments on their own, individual layers without using smart objects. You can change each adjustment at any time, so long as it isn't applied directly to the image layer. When you open an image in Ps, the first thing you should do is duplicate the layer (ctrl+j). This way if you need to do clone work you're not doing it on the original image layer.

thanks. i know how to use light room pretty well. the graduated filter or adjustment brush on light room does not seem to change the color that well.

cant get anything like the colors like rob blair on lightroom
There are different ways to change the color in lightroom. One is through the selective color panel. One is through a color adjustment brush, and one is via a temp or tint adjustment brush.

ok there was a color button on light room, i did not realize that was something you could click on.. i think i figured out how to do that just on light room..

ok so besides major editing like removing stuff from the photo. moving things in the photo, getting rid of blemishes and stuff like that. do you really need photo shop for general photography??

as of now i am thinkig maybe you can do it all with light room as long as its not some sorty of major editing you need to do..
DSC_0459-2.jpg

the other thing i wonder is how this guy gets his photos to looks so perfect.. can this type of thing be done on light room, none of my photos ever look like this.. these are just so perfect and much more clear and vivid than real life.

DSC8196_Tivoli Copenhagen

DSC8264_Copenhagen

DSC7796

If you look at some of the videos posted, you will see that a great deal of editing can be done with Lightroom only. As far as editing goes, PS can do everything LR can and much much more.

There are really no shortcuts other than learning the software (either one) upside down and backwards and then practice practice practice.

The first part of it is getting a clean, crisp shot. This is where a good tripod comes in handy. ;) Nothing I see in those images jumps out at me as having required Ps.

I watch Aaron Nace on the Phlearn videos by subscribing to him. It is free. Every month he sends you something cool to do in photoshop.. "Take the pebble from my hand..." "Patience grasshopper..."

the other thing i wonder is how this guy gets his photos to looks so perfect.. can this type of thing be done on light room, none of my photos ever look like this.. these are just so perfect and much more clear and vivid than real life.

Good technique for any hand held shots with fairly soft but directional light, tripod or monpod when able, good lens, good sharpening technique.
Pick a good shot and an ok shot, download the pictures and look at the exif.

i think one of my problems is i go out and its usually bright as heck out. i guess i never pick the right time of day to go shooting

i think one of my problems is i go out and its usually bright as heck out. i guess i never pick the right time of day to go shooting

Totally right.
Unless you have to shoot when the sun is overhead and bright, pick better times at either end of the day.
For an obvious, easy example - if your house happens to have a garage with a concrete driveway in front - take a picture outside in the sun, then take the same picture just inside the garage, where the concrete driveway is acting like a huge reflector, diffusing and softening the light.
Soft indirect light is the best, it illuminates the subject, casts a gentle, defining shadow but there isn't the harsh tones on direct light.

Most reactions

Back