How do I fix these photos?

OMG, Emerana, your edits are incredible!! Thanks for the tips. I just recently purchased Photshop Elements 6 ( upgraded from Microsoft PictureIt 2002) and I believe nothing comes with instruction manuals anymore. I have no idea where to start. I'm going to go back and try to apply some of the changes you suggested. I hope my turns out half as well. Thanks!!!

O.K. So I did the teeth whitening using the sponge tool and desaturation (Thanks RKW3). Can anyone tell me what is the equivalent to Paint Shop Pro skin softening and glamour filter on PS Elements 6 and a quick tip on how to use it. I am very appreciative.

Teresa, only a suggestion, but in addition to asking how to do something in photoshop here, do a youtube search and/or a google for what you want to accomplish...

I was TERRIFIED of PS when I got it, but I have learned SOOOO much watching some of the video tutorials I have found....everything from quick and easy to REALLY detailed work. It helps me to watch someone do it first, and you can have PS open and pause the vid one step at a time to follow along! :)

I KNOW THE TEETH ARE TOO WHITE.....geeze...how many times do I have to say I wasnt doing any kind of final edit, I was just showing some changes that could be made, like skin smoothing and whitening up the teeth. I spent a total of 6 minutes on all the edits, I wasnt trying to make any kind of finished product.

Thanks Teresa, I think you have a few good basics. In the future you can make sure you have a sharp focus on the eyes. Try to avoid the strait on shot. Work on the rule of thirds and how it relates to portrait work. and also try different crops, close, far, off to the side.

I love this flikr group, it has helped me loads, they have some great step by step tutorials, and even have a search option to look for specific topics. http://www.flickr.com/groups/pse/discuss/

also search for flikr groups that are specific to your camera, you may find something good there too.

This has a couple of good video tutorials too, http://www.christyschuler.com/retouching.html they use the advanced photoshop but i can replicate most of the steps on elements 4. just click the tutorials option on the left.

Hope that helps :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back