How do I get rid of shadows?

wrightphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently took pics of a family and I got lots of shadows. I used 2 umbrella strobes and have them placed about 5 feet from the subjects. I'm pretty new at this and still learning. I also have a continuous light softbox I could use if that would help?? Well the damage is already done for this shoot, so any ideas on how to fix the pictures? I have elements 5 and have tried to lighten the shadows, but it just doesn't look right. Any ideas? Please help!

My favorite way to get rid of the darkness or the lightness is add new layer>Edit fill layer>50% grey>set to softlight then take a soft brush set to a low ocpt. and then brush over the light areas with black and dark areas with white in ur photo...

thats the way i learned i have PSE6 but i think its in PSE5 as well...

post samples.

These arent the best samples but its the only ones i have that are blown out on my MAC. I was goofing off with the camera at an amusement park. If you take your time at it, this can turn out great...i just did a fast sample...

Untitled-1.png

Maybe can use eclosion function in photoshop.

If you're shooting RAW, first try raising the exposure a bit and then dropping the blacks in Camera Raw, then in PSE play around with the shadows/highlights control and the dodge tool.

Most reactions

Back