How do I get this polaroid/vintage effect? Help! Pics Included.

- well, raise ISO (which gives you some "grain" effect). If you want it to look more like real grain (since increasing ISO also gives a lot of colour noise which looks different from grain), then use a grain filter in post processing.

- get the white balance wrong on purpose

- use a horrible on camera flash

- try not to compose the image too well

that would be my recipe ;)

Thanks so much for your help (& patience because it's clear that you think these pictures are complete rubbish, but that's the effect I'm after!) Alex_B and ZaphodB .

Cheers for the 'recipe'! I'll be cooking up some dodgy photographs post haste :)

Thanks so much for your help (& patience because it's clear that you think these pictures are complete rubbish, but that's the effect I'm after!) Alex_B and ZaphodB .

Cheers for the 'recipe'! I'll be cooking up some dodgy photographs post haste :)

Cool stuff can be had post processing too. Get adobe photoshop and try Aly's Vintage and Professional Retro actions.

Recently I saw some advertisements shot in this style in a fashion magazine. Grainy, on-camera flash, washed out skin tones, and weird white balance--on purpose. Very low-fi chic.

American Apparel does it too! I love their ads. The one I was thinking of was something more girly-girl, I just can't remember what it was. Now it's going to drive me crazy.

Recently I saw some advertisements shot in this style in a fashion magazine. Grainy, on-camera flash, washed out skin tones, and weird white balance--on purpose. Very low-fi chic.

That's the plan Aquarium Dreams! :)

Magazines with slightly more avant garde fashion themes like Nylon, Cream, Russh, Oyster..etc could very likely be the mag that you're thinking of!

Most reactions

Back