How do I know what lens

amara_shadow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Will fit on my camera? I have just bought a Minolta X300s, and it comes with a MD Zoom 28-70mm lens. Of course I have no idea quite what that all means. But is this a good beginner lens? When buying a new lens, how will I know if it will fit on my camera? Like size etc? Thanks in advance :)

In the user's manual it will tell you the mount type of your camera. When looking at new lenses, they generally specify the mount type (if looking online) or if you're at a store, the sales person should know if it's not listed on the packaging.

I don't personally know the camera, so can't tell you if it's a good one, but really any camera is good to learn on, even disposables have their place :D

thanks for your advice, I will have a look in the manual - so anything with the same mount as mine will work?

hmmm...the manual doesn't say what mount it takes - only thing I can find on the net is SR mount - does that sound about right?

I think it will work with Minolta MD and MC lenses...or other brand lenses with the same mount (Minolta Bayonet). I'm not 100% sure but that's what I could find.

thanks!! I can always pop into a camera store with my camera - which arrives tomorrow YAY, and see what they say.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back