How do I make thread interesting enough

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted a thread recently twice, two separate threads, the second time I reworded the content and altered the thread title.

How do I make a thread such as the one referenced below sexy enough so I get some advice.

iMac for all Occasions, Advise please !!!
Admittedly its a dull subject

iMac needed to process pics of girls in bikini's. Warning, picture heavy possible NSFW.

Ok, but in all seriousness - I saw the thread but didn't comment. Why? I don't use Imac, I'm a PC guy.

Get the best one you can afford?

ETA: Sorry, hit submit before I wanted to.

I recently bought one and opted to NOT get the high-res screen. To me, it wasn't worth the price.

I read those threads too.
Essentially ... increase your budget, get more memory, the larger monitor, etc.
and be forewarned that the iMac isn't as portable as the Mac laptop you are replacing.

but then, I don't use Macs anymore as they are too expensive and outdate themselves too quickly.
Haven't you been watching the Microsoft commercials ?

and pics of bikini ladened women would help too.

Computer threads will get attention from a few hardcore IT or other computer people, but not much else.

All I can say is that I'm still running PS CS5 on a 2010 iMac with 4 GB RAM and not having any problems (video-heavy web sites a little slow, but otherwise NP). I suspect that unless you're handling really huge files, any current iMac, or Win machine with similar specs, will do just fine.

iMac needed to process pics of girls in bikini's. Warning, picture heavy possible NSFW.

Ok, but in all seriousness - I saw the thread but didn't comment. Why? I don't use Imac, I'm a PC guy.

I have tried hyperbola before with other things but members soon flushed me out with dogs and grenades.

I posted a thread recently twice, two separate threads, the second time I reworded the content and altered the thread title.

How do I make a thread such as the one referenced below sexy enough so I get some advice.

I did click on your thread, but since I didn't have any answers or opinions, I did not respond. Besides; it seemed as if you were answering your own question, which is good for me because I didn't have an answer.

The cold, hard facts of life include getting no responses to your thread. I've posted threads which elicited no responses.

and be forewarned that the iMac isn't as portable as the Mac laptop you are replacing.

but then, I don't use Macs anymore as they are too expensive and outdate themselves too quickly.

I have tried hyperbola before with other things but members soon flushed me out with dogs and grenades.

You have to admire that though.. I mean my goodness, the level of skill it must take to train a dog to throw a grenade.

What they did was put to put a live grenade in the dogs mouth get the dog to jump into the basket of a trebuchet pull the pin on the grenade and launch both dog and grenade towards me. Essential all they had to do was train the dogs to jump into the basket, one presumes.

What they did was put to put a live grenade in the dogs mouth get the dog to jump into the basket of a trebuchet pull the pin on the grenade and launch both dog and grenade towards me. Essential all they had to do was train the dogs to jump into the basket, one presumes.

Well sure, that would be the easy part. Tough part would be training the dog to let go of the grenade quick enough that they wouldn't be caught in the explosion. I mean think about it, every time the dog gets it wrong, well you have to get a new dog and start from scratch.

:)

I did click on your thread, but since I didn't have any answers or opinions, I did not respond. Besides; it seemed as if you were answering your own question, which is good for me because I didn't have an answer.

The cold, hard facts of life include getting no responses to your thread. I've posted threads which elicited no responses.
The key is to promote your threads using the online marketing degree you found in the advertising links on TPF

Well sure, that would be the easy part. Tough part would be training the dog to let go of the grenade quick enough that they wouldn't be caught in the explosion. I mean think about it, every time the dog gets it wrong, well you have to get a new dog and start from scratch.

:)

Your right but the dogs seemed be wearing Volkswagen gilets which would indicate the the were pre programmed to cheat death. Plus the had some sort of steerable buster rocket system which meant they could get away fast whilst hurtling through the air.

Your right but the dogs seemed be wearing Volkswagen gilets which would indicate the the were pre programmed to cheat death. Plus the had some sort of steerable buster rocket system which meant they could get away fast whilst hurtling through the air.

So they falsified the test data and just made the dog believe it died.

Gotta hand it to those Germans. They are crafty.. lol

I have but I crossed to apple from windows eight some time ago and I would go back I don't think. I don't actually move the Pro at all really.

I have but I crossed to apple from windows eight some time ago and I would go back I don't think. I don't actually move the Pro at all really.

I'm still using Windows 7 myself. Never had any desire to "upgrade" to 8 or 10. I've done a bit with Mac, and do like portions of the system. Biggest issue I have with Mac is that the OS is too hardware specific. I understand the reasoning behind this of course, but still I dislike the fact that if I buy a mac and keep it for a year or two odds are good if I want to upgrade to the newest version of the OS, I'll have to buy a new mac because the old one won't run it anymore.

For a lot of the higher end applications it will often require you to upgrade to the latest version of the OS to use the latest version of their software, so I end up having to purchase a new system every couple of years or so or run older versions of the software, which I'm not thrilled with. The backward compatibility on Macs just isn't great I'm sorry to say.

For some folks of course this isn't as much of an issue as they tend to upgrade hardware more often than I do, but for me I prefer sticking with my PC.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back