How do i put a film in?

Hey_there

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello, i got this olympus trip camera and i can not figury out a way to put the film in. It just wont work, i am not sure If the camera is broken or what. I put the film on the right but how to i secure it on the left? thank you for your help :)

For most manual camera types:
If there are slots in the take-up reel, insert the film leader in one of these and then cock the film advance leader until the film starts to wrap itself around the reel, release the shutter and repeat. Now use the film rewind knob to tighten up the film a little before closing the camera back. You can now advance the film by cocking and releasing until 1 appears in the film counter.

For most automatic camera types:
There should be a small mark indicating where the tip of the leader should be positioned. Pull the film leader across to the film take up reel until the tip corresponds to the mark and close the camera back. The camera will do the rest (some need to be switched on at this point) and advance the film: if 1 appears in the counter, the film loaded properly, otherwise open the camera and try again.

Thank you so much. Yeah, it is an automatic camera, i would like to invalidé a picture of my problem, but the page wont let me. I will try it again.

And the camera is turned on by sliding the cover of the lens out of the way? Because other than that there is just one shutter button.

I don't know the Olympus cameras, but if there is no power on/off switch, then the cover probably does this.

Most reactions

Back