How do I put metadata on my picture?

I don't have my f/1.8 lens yet sadly. The one I shot with belongs to a friend. I've got those photos somewhere on my old computer which is having fits letting me get to anything (corrupted hard drive *gah*). :-(

This shot was taken with the standard kit lens (which is what you are using if I'm not mistaken):
IMG_0228.jpg

I'll keep trying to get to those other shots. Hopefully, in about two weeks I'll get my own f/1.8 (waiting on hub's bonus check).

ACC

Good news. My girlfriends mother is/was a professional photographer for UF and I got to dig through her bag of old lenses. In there I found a Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm 1:2.8 Lens and It is awesome! Also in the bag of goodies was a Nikkor 28mm 1:2.8 both of which Im allowed to play with since here old school slrs bodys need fixing :) . I cant believe how heavy these old lenses are, heavy or not they are still perfectly functional some 20 years later.

I actually found that with non-zoom lenses, manual focus isn't so bad.

What an AWESOME deal Wolfgang! Have fun!!

ACC

Last edited:
Thank you Chris. Im not worried about auto focus for a macro lens, I would rather focus it myself.

On the 55mm 1:2.8 it seams the aperature ring dosent work. I can go from f2.8 to f32 with the same iso and shutter speed and the picture is only a little bit darker. hmmm odd.

There is no movment in the blades at all. Its stuck at f2.8. If I rotate the ring on the 28mm 1:2.8 the blades close almost to a pin hole. Can this be fixed or am I SOL?

Well that stinks, but I'd much rather it be stuck at 2.8 than at 32. LOL!

I would suspect a camera shop might be able to fix it, but it might cost as much as just buying a new lens.

ACC

I suppose your right. Ill get some pictures with it tonight. the only thing is it really kills my DOF :-( still winning the 50mm 1:1.8 though up to $69

Good news. Im up in North Carolina and I visited a flea market. In one of the "dog cages" thye had a bunch of cameras piled up. and one of them had a 50mm 1:1.8 lens on it. I offered the man $60 for the body and lens and he went for It so now i am the proud new owner of a Perfectly working Nikon EM and 50mm 1:1.8 lens :) Only thing is there is some crud in the viewfinder but I assume it wont affect pictures take with it.

Good Deal or was I had?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back