How do I set up RF Flash Triggers for Nikon D60 or 90?

illstudio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.illustrationstudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Nikon D60 and D90. I tried to setup a Radio Flash trigger system I bought on eBay with my D90, but hav no luck firing the flash. What settings do I use?
I am using a Sunpak PZ40X flash, have fresh batteries and the dip switches match correctly on trans and reciever. ( I do have also a Canon Speedlight 430EXII for my Rebel)
These are what I bought:
PT-04 NE 4 Channels Wireless/Radio Flash Trigger+2 Receiver with Umbrella Holder

Help someone. Im supposed to shoot today... thanks

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
After you mount the flash on the receiver, can you fire the flash with the top button on the transcever? (do not mount the transcever to the camera yet)

Your radio triggers do not support any of the ttl modes so you will have to set both the flash and the camera set to full manual mode and adjust the exposure by varying the aperture, flash power and the flash to subject distance. Just make sure the camera shutter speed does not exceed the Xsync maximum for your camera, 1/200 Sec I think for both the D60 and the D90.

After you mount the flash on the receiver, can you fire the flash with the top button on the transcever? (do not mount the transcever to the camera yet)

Well this is interesting. The dip switches were sent in the wrong positions to match. Yes now the the transceiver fires from the top bottom (unmounted). I had tired the first receiver which had the correct dip settings, but when that didn't work I tried the other which i assumed was set at the same settings. It was not.

The port on the receiver is for flash triggering if the flash is not mounted on the hot shoe of the receiver. And same for the transceiver I believe. So no TTL. In fact, the model # PT-04 most likely is means it is the knock off of the 8+ years old PT-04 from Cactus Radio Flash Trigger which do not support TTL at all.

The port on the receiver is for flash triggering if the flash is not mounted on the hot shoe of the receiver. And same for the transceiver I believe. So no TTL. In fact, the model # PT-04 most likely is means it is the knock off of the 8+ years old PT-04 from Cactus Radio Flash Trigger which do not support TTL at all.

Is there a brand or model flash trigger that supports TTL for Nikon?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back