How do I take photos like these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBCONDO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some of the most beautiful home exterior shots I have ever seen. How much work goes into taking something like them? http://www.tluxp.com/vacation_rentals.asp Is it as simple as turning on every light in the house, waiting for sunrise or sunset and then start shooting or is there something more to it? Do you think they are using additional lights inside of the houses to get these results?

Turn the lights on and shoot at sunset, dusk or just before or after sunrise.

How much work goes into taking something like them?

IMHO, these are pretty mediocre, even bordering on poorly done. I sure hope they didn't spend a lot of effort getting them, because it doesn't show.

They do not look much better than what you have posted on your site pretty simple really.

i agree that some of those images are ok-ish ... but nothing really great. and some are plain horrible :p

not that i could do it all better, but i could do what is done there without a lot of effort i would think

Actually I could not find the exact photos I was looking for so I just posted something similar. But it sounds like all I have to do is turn on every light in the house and take a number of photos as the sun comes up or go es down. I'll give it a try and post the results later this week.

actually for best results its between 15 and 20 minutes after sunset, its than that the proportions of the interior lighting, the sky(still has color) and the exterior illumination is harmonious.

Yeah, photographing architecture is not THAT difficult. A lot of the disciplines familiar from landscape photography come into play, meaning you really want to time your shoot according to where the light is going to be coming from. Also, do bracketed multiple exposures, one for the sky, one for the building, and one for the interiors, and then composite them. Sounds difficult, but it's quite easy. Just make sure you work with a tripod.

can you post the picture in the thread? The link won't open for me, I may have some valuable advice for you.

How much work goes into taking something like them?

IMHO, these are pretty mediocre, even bordering on poorly done. I sure hope they didn't spend a lot of effort getting them, because it doesn't show.

I was going to say, why would anyone WANT to do images like these... to know what not to do?

Yep this is a very old thread and based on the OP's activity its very unlikely that they will come around again - best throw up your own thread on the topic if you wish to discuss this genre of photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back