how do people make money with all these freebies all over the internet?

DinoThePhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
why do they make these videos showing how to convert a low res image to high res image. If people can do that Then how are these photographers going to make money? Wouldn't it be easier on their living making. If people went to them to have that done instead? Just a thought.

how are these photographers going to make money? Wouldn't it be easier on their living making. If people went to them to have that done instead? Just a thought.
They don't. I'd suggest you find something else to do.
Good luck, Bye.
;)

Do ALL of your posts begin with Who, What, When, Where, Why or How?

I believe Dino stated he is 17 years old.
So, he has lots to learn about the world and how things work.

The marketplace evolves and some jobs disappear or change such that they don't pay as much as they once did.

Digital cameras and the Internet have radically changed the business of photography.
Fewer and fewer people today are able make a living as a photographer. Few staff photographer jobs still exist.
Without the need of a wet darkrooms chemicals, enlargers, timers, thermometers, rubber aprons and gloves, tongs, etc, photo finishing services have also changed.
Anyone can do photo finishing of digital images on their home computer and there are a lot of photo finishing applications people can get that are free.

There have been stories about magazines and newspapers shutting down their photography departments and laying off their entire staff of photographers.

Business, marketing, promotion, salesmanship skills are more important than photography skills if a photographer wants to make a living doing photography.

Free isn't always a good thing. My area is saturated with wedding photographers and I'm probably at the higher end of spectrum in term of pricing. I still have plenty of clients because there's a market for everyone and every price range. You just need to market yourself accordingly. :)

Free isn't always a good thing. My area is saturated with wedding photographers and I'm probably at the higher end of spectrum in term of pricing. I still have plenty of clients because there's a market for everyone and every price range. You just need to market yourself accordingly. :)

Same for my electrical work. Craigslist is chock-full of laid-off second-year apprentices who know just enough to wire a house, and willing to do so for pizza and beer money. But I have no problems keeping busy charging 5 times what they do.

why do they make these videos showing how to convert a low res image to high res image. If people can do that Then how are these photographers going to make money? Wouldn't it be easier on their living making. If people went to them to have that done instead? Just a thought.
Easy- be better and be worth paying money for.

480sparky said:
Do ALL of your posts begin with Who, What, When, Where, Why or How?

Yeah, the utter nerve of that kid, coming on here and asking questions! If he's not careful, people might explain a whole bunch of sh** to him, and he might learn things by, you know, gathering opinions from a collection of different people with vastly more experience than he himself has! And besides we all know how crazy learning by inquiry is! I mean, amiright?

I believe Dino stated he is 17 years old.
So, he has lots to learn about the world and how things work.

The marketplace evolves and some jobs disappear or change such that they don't pay as much as they once did.

Digital cameras and the Internet have radically changed the business of photography.
Fewer and fewer people today are able make a living as a photographer. Few staff photographer jobs still exist.
Without the need of a wet darkrooms chemicals, enlargers, timers, thermometers, rubber aprons and gloves, tongs, etc, photo finishing services have also changed.
Anyone can do photo finishing of digital images on their home computer and there are a lot of photo finishing applications people can get that are free.

There have been stories about magazines and newspapers shutting down their photography departments and laying off their entire staff of photographers.

Business, marketing, promotion, salesmanship skills are more important than photography skills if a photographer wants to make a living doing photography.

1st. This has nothing to do with what I asked.
2nd. Who said I am 17? I am 28.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back