How do you carry your equipment?

chrisdei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have 2 cameras, 2 lenses a flash and a tripod and it's such a pain to carry it all around. I normally bring just one camera/lens/flash, but when I'm doing a shoot (my first "real" shoot, a wedding), how do I carry it when I'm going to need everything? What does everyone else do?

Here's what I carry in my small-medium sized backpack

D70 with 18-70mm lens
Yashicamat 124G
Minlota X7A with 28, 50 and 100mm macro
step up rings, lens coupler, 4 closeup filters
yellow, red, 2 polarizers, and a warming filter
2 small reflectors
battery charger for my D70
lens cleaning solution and wipes
lens hoods

I've done a lot of hiking with this setup. Including a Bogen 3021 tripod.

I was thinking of ordering a pelican case to keep them all safe, but I don't know if that would be a hassle to get in and out of all the time? I guess just as easy as anything else. I'd just have to carry the tripod seperately.

I have a fairly big camera bag, an old Lowepro that will hold most/all of my gear. I use this bag for storage as well.

I have a small Lowepro that will only carry my SLR with lens, small flash or a few filters, some room for film & batteries.

I have a few non-photography backpacks that I use when I need some versatility. I'd like to get a proper camera back pack but have yet to find one that I like (in my price range)

For weddings, I usually carry 2 rectangular shaped Tamrac bags. One for my Bronica and one for my 35mm gear. If at all possible, I bring a friend along to carry stuff. The back packs are nice but it's not really easy to get in and out of them quickly during a wedding and reception so you might miss photo ops while you are digging in your bag. I bought a Porter Case that has wheels and holds my laptop. I haven't used it for a wedding yet but I drug it all over Kentucky during a photo workshop and it worked like a charm.

can you maybe gimme a link where you find these bags?
I have the same worries, ill be getting a SLR with 2 lenses.
What is the best bag for that? Hopefully a small one :p

For location shoots where I'm not hiking miles etc., I pack all my stuff in a photo vest.

It isn't always in the way, it's versatile (can carry most anything in it), and it's fairly unobtrusive.

Leave the bag(s) in the car and carry what you need for the moment.

I just carry a black diamond plate hard shelled (locking) case. I got mine at a local hunting & fishing outlet. was intented for carrying paintball guns, but it works great. tripod I use has its own soft case with shoulder straps. Also, most the time, I have my husband (6'5") carry them for me... :wink:

Maybe i should get one of those....not the case the husband....ohh wait im a dude, will a wife be able to carry the stuff for me?....dang

voodoocat said:
Here's what I carry in my small-medium sized backpack

D70 with 18-70mm lens
Yashicamat 124G
Minlota X7A with 28, 50 and 100mm macro
step up rings, lens coupler, 4 closeup filters
yellow, red, 2 polarizers, and a warming filter
2 small reflectors
battery charger for my D70
lens cleaning solution and wipes
lens hoods

I've done a lot of hiking with this setup. Including a Bogen 3021 tripod.

That must weight 60lb :shock:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back