How do you deal with heartbreak...?

bace said:
What's more interesting is that atleast 2 of my ex's have been models of mine.

I hate you....

;)

JonMikal said:
time will heal.
That's right. That's what sucks so much, because there IS no way to hurry up the passage of time, to reach that point where you can turn and look back at this episode and you'll be able to see it without feeling bad. Trust me, you WILL reach that point. :)

Try to keep busy. It sounds superficial because, well, it sort of is - but it's also a really great way to feel like time is going by faster. Go out with your friends, concentrate on your classes, devise a photography assignment just for yourself - and follow through. If you keep your mind full of things to occupy it you won't have as much room to focus on this. :hug:: Hope it helps.

wow, thanks for all the responses.

I was just out with a few buddies at a car meet since i know a lot of local car people.. and it really helped. I'm in a decent mood now, and yeah i'm thinking about her now that i'm home alone, but it's a little better. My cousin is on his way over to chill for a bit too, so that'll help.

it still hurts... bad... but what do you expect, it's been a day..

About hating her... no chance in hell... she's too nice, too fun, too cool.. And while it's gunna be reaaaaaally hard for me for a little bit, I know we'll be friends. I couldn't stand it if she was just gone. We have been texting each other on and off, and we're still gunna watch Lost together on wed. at least since she got me hooked, haha.. so hopefully we'll be able to stay friends.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I actually did go through the bitter stage for about a month, but...that wasn't right of me. She wasn't to blame for anything. And more importantly, who am I to lay blame on anyone? That's how things happened...all I can do is learn from the mistakes we both made. Anyway, I still wouldn't call us "friends"... that will definitely take time. I care about her so much, and miss her to death, and I know one day we will be friends. But right now I think it's better for both of us that we don't talk much. I honestly don't think I could handle it very well. =\ So take your time too, and don't rush getting back into a friendship. Let her know you still care, and then when you're ready, if she's a real friend, she'll be there to be a friend to you.

we're still gunna watch Lost together on wed. at least since she got me hooked, haha.. so hopefully we'll be able to stay friends.

That would be awesome if you can stay friends... but be careful and don't forget that it's dangerous if you accidentally cross that "friends" line and want to become something more again. But being friends is very possible and great when it works out!

Breakups are awful and like everyone has said... it will be okay. Just have a good cry in a dark corner, snuggling up to a pillow. Write down what you're feeling - stream of consciousness style. Then after you've gotten all sad and upset.. go for a walk outside in the sun and just smile to yourself.

Dan there is more than one female in this messed up little world of ours and 3 months isn't worth getting worked into a teary mess over.

As JM says "time will heal", That is the main thing here and that you put it behind you and move on to better things.

I hope you guys can stay friends Dan. Soon enough the tears will dry (or the well will be empty... whichever comes first :lol: ) and youll start to feel a bit more human slowly. Keeping busy, and not isolating yourself can help keep you in a place where you dont feel to girly (read: emotional) I agree with Vicky on the writing it down, or turning it into something. A lot of great things (believe it or not) can come from the way your feeling right now. Whether it be music/writing/photography... its all up to you.

Oh yeah,that's important... don't isolate yourself! You'll end up curling up in a corner and moping about what happened and why, and three months later you'll be like "whoa, what the crap did I do with the last few months?!". Go out with friends. And here's a good one... focus on being the best friend you possibly can to all your other friends. If someone's hurting, set aside your hurt and try to help them. Helping someone else through a problem is one of the best medicines available... and most likely, that person will be able to help you too.

You know. No-one has mentioned alchohol and drug binges yet.

Come on people, drowning yourself in tequila always helps.

....I'm kidding.

Ahhh probably not the best thing to do. *wags finger at bace* Stop giving the guy ideas!! hehe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back