how do you do panoramic shots

HARTMAN25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you guys do pano shots what type of lens should i get i have a nikon d60 if that helps you

Well first off there are 2 ways of getting panorama shots:

1) using a wide angle lens

2) stictching together a series of shots from a smaller angle (normal) lens with a program like photoshop elments 6 to make on big photo.

Both will make good results - if you are thinking of doing a lot of panorama shots then the lens would be the best way to go - however before people can advise you on what lens to go after we would need an idea of the budget you have to spend on a lens.

as far as budget what would i be able to get at around 500

Well first off there are 2 ways of getting panorama shots:

1) using a wide angle lens

2) stictching together a series of shots from a smaller angle (normal) lens with a program like photoshop elments 6 to make on big photo.

That second M.O. will work better if you use a short telephoto focal length (70 to 90mm), tilt the camera to portrait mode, and take many well overlapping photos to stitch together later.

Using a tripod, BTW, is a given.

For around that much money you could get the sigma 10-20mm, thats very wide.

thanks for your help

sweet tutorial, i didnt even know this site had that. i'll look more into it.......

I got an idea why not go to this wonderful site that I found that has a few nice tutorials plus a raucus forum.

Here's the link: http://www.thephotoforum.com/node/49

I wish that someone would correct the error about the "nodal point" being the correct point of rotation. It's the entrance pupil, not one of the two nodal points.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

Back