How do you edit your photos ?

Ok.. now you have hundreds of PSD files with things you have edited (cloning, blur, sharpen etc.), then now all of your PSD files will have watermark layers on it. Lets say you need to have high res photos JPEG without the signature on them in one folder, how do you do it? You need to turn off the signature you just added. I am just saying.. it is pain the arse. Not to mention with action, your signature wont be properly sized and the location will not be idential IF YOU HAVE cropped your original. So that means you need to create an action first to make them all same size! Plus you have horizontal and vertical orientation to worry about. I love my photoshop BUT it takes too long to do simple things like signature.

I see what you're saying. Point taken.

I have yet to run into that sort of situation so I haven't found a need to switch to an alternative :)

That's pretty intense guys, i'm loving the input here. Maybe I should try using Photoshop after all. The only downside is I will have to learn a completely new editing program that isn't persay easy to use? Then again what is nowadays, I will just have to put forth the effort and see what I can create and see what I can come up with. Thanks again for the input.

I think you first need to understand that editing programs can only enhance a photo that is already masterpiece. You're not going to be able to take some random photo off your hard drive and turn it into a masterpiece by running it through some program. Having said that, pretty much every photo needs to have some type of editing done to it in order to really shine. Picasa is very limited in what it can do, but what more can you really expect from a free piece of software.

I'm curious, why you say "NO PHOTOSHOP PLEASE." Especially considering it's basically the standard when it comes to photo editing. If it's a cost thing, you can get Elements for almost 1/10 the cost that does 90% of what a photographer might need. Almost any other program out there is photoshopesque in one way or another, so I don't think it's because you don't think it's a good program.

Another editing program you might consider is GIMP. It's pretty popular, has a lot of the features that full photoshop has, but it's free. I guess I should ask, what are you wanting to do? If it's just basic editing, Picasa will work just fine. If you want more control, something like Photoshop (either full or Elements) or GIMP might be the way to go. If you're looking at more specialized programs, then it really depends on what you want to do.

+1

I wouldnt sell PS short, its definitely an awesome Program to have. I have CS3 ( on my PC) , have not had the resources to update to 5 (YET)
However , since my Computer is packed still.. i only have access to my laptop and the programs on it ( PSP x2, GIMP, and LR2.)

I use Paint shop pro x2 the most. Its a fantastic program... so i would say consider checking it out... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back