How do you get the blurry background effect?

I don't want to start a new debate, but since to me your post reads rather unpolite, let me tell you that I'm afraid you neither read the question carefully, nor all the answers.
Here is the OP again:

What do you need in a digital camera to get that effect where you see the object in focus and the background is blurry?
Is it manual aperture and shutter settings? So if a camera has manual aperture and shutter settings it would be able to do that?

While your illustration shows one factor for a blurry background, there are a few more that have been mentioned, so I think the question has been answered before.

No one has really answered the question.

What do you need to get the desired blur in a DSLR.

Answer... You need to put it in aperture priority, take a picture the aperture in the lowest #, focus on what you want focused.

Then keep taking the same picture (at least 3 more) with different aperture (higher #)

Then go and download the pictures and pick the one that has the right amount of blur.

If you use a vintage lens or some fancy new ones, look at the scale and it will tell you in meters what is in focus. AKA "Scale"

View attachment 146761 View attachment 146762

Chime in. I think this answers the question about "is rap really music", "is your photograph really art" LMFAO
I wasn't being rude. I answered what he needs for the effect and how to get it. I don't want to offend anyone.

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back