How do you get this effect?

You like that, its called not stealing copyrighted music...

I don't know how to put this but......

kind-of-a-big-deal.gif

Hi Anikaahuja.

I don't mind experimental work. I don't mean that in a bad way either. I have looked at a lot of images done this way, and have enjoyed many.
I do find there is the element of bandwagonism that goes on, that peole want to copy a style without understanding it. This seems to be the latest craze.
Part of my personality inhibits me from experimenting like this on my own. I like to be in control of what I do. That's a big reason I am a successful jeweler. But I look at images like yours, and I can't wrap my head around letting something happen by chance or randomly. It is interesting to me that you know your camera well enough that you can indeed predict this effect. I admire more that you can do this on purpose, rather than the numerous people that come here looking to duplicate something simply because it is neat.

Some day I will get back into film, and developing. I think it would be an amazing experience over digital.
But until then I will continue to enjoy my 21+ megapixels, and the fine control of my images that I have worked for.
Please continue to enjoy, and share your style.

Hmmm...I do have, as mentioned earlier, an old AE1 with a light leak. Maybe I should boot it up with some redscale film and give it a go again!

The thing people were commenting on was the fact that the OP wanted to produce the same look. Not necessarily that you were trying to make a career out of it or that anyone was trying to critique your images. You may now get a lawyer and sue the OP for stealing your photos. I am suprised it didnt ever get deleted.

Ah, another year old tread comes back to stir the pot

I would guess these were taken with film because the exif say if was taken with a Canon printer/scanner, so you just want a faulty film camera and when you know something about photography you will not want this effect

I come here for advice from people who know more about photography then me.

My intuition is that would be any group of more than two humanoids that dress themselves, walk erect and have opposable thumbs.

There, I got that off my chest.
No offense intended.

Most reactions

Back