How do you get this!?

If you wanna shoot film, maybe you could shoot on Ektachrome and use a slight cooling filter in-camera, then scan the slides and refine the color a little bit. The plugged up shadow values in the sample photo would be replicated by many average to decent slide scanners that only have a 3.3 to 3.5 D-Max range. You could also squash the lower tonal values in post-processing after making a really good,clean scan with a higher-end scanner.

I actually use ektachrome in my hasselblad, and my school has some really good film scanners so i will definately try that.

To get that effect in Photoshop I would:

1. Desaturate by 20-30%
2. Use a levels adjustment layer to reduce contrast a little
3. Use layer effects to create an orange/yellow color overlay and set it to soft light and reduce opacity as needed.

Somewhere in that ballpark.

:thumbup: I was just about to say that it looks like cross processing to me.

....although the easiest way to achieve that look would be to ask your friend the question you are asking us. I would think if she's a very good friend that she would be willing to share. It's not like this is some unique look that makes her pictures unique to everybody else....just looks like a cross-processed shot.

Honestly, what I would do just to achieve those colors is go into Image>Adjustments>Color Balance.

On the "shadows" and "midtones" tab, move the slider towards the blue and cyan. For the "highlights" tab, move the sliders towards yellow and red. Just keep playing around until you have what you're looking for.

I kinda figured it out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwem0cEdKMw[/ame]

tutorial using gimp

Most reactions

New Topics

Back