How do you hold your camera?

Usually photography books and such recommend the shutter button on top (rotate counter-clockwise) but it's really all about what you're comfortable with and what allows you the most stability for your pictures. If you do it clockwise...keep doing it that way. No wrong way to take a picture as long as you're happy with it!

Hmm. I like an underhand grip on the lens either way. When holding the cam vertically I try to keep my right elbow in and find myself with my middle finger on the shutter button rather than pointer/index/trigger finger. "Elbows in" just carries over from military marksmanship training but it works for me so :p

Because the grip I'm doing ccw but before I always did cw...:lmao:

I hold my camera with my HANDS! HA! sorry i just had to do it.

same here counter clockwise. I have a battery grip too, so when holding vertical the shutter button it is still on the top right. Tripod, same as Bitter also, clockwise just because thats the way my head tilts with the pan handle still to the back.
Haha I mount my camera backwards so it flips the other way. It's a little strange getting used to because the handle for the tripod is sticking out in front of the camera but it's easier to use the buttons for me anyway.

I shoot more portrait orientation than landscape so I bought a battery grip. it's always to the right side of the camera with the shutter button at the top, even when on a tripod. I tried shooting with a friend's DSLR sans grip and found it awkward and difficult to hold. The grip is the cat's meow.

Oh, and I always shoot with the lens facing away from me. That's important.

Most reactions

Back