How do you make annimated gif's with Adobe ImageReady

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by GerryDavid, May 11, 2004.

1. GerryDavid

GerryDavid No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I hope I got the right catagory for this.

How do you make annimated gif's with Adobe ImageReady? I heard you can do it in photoshop but its not easy to do, that its easier to do it in image ready.

I heard it can do it, but I dont see how in the export or save as. Also im not sure where to begin. Do I put each frame of the annimation in seperate files or as layers?

I read in the help that you can save annimations as annimated gifs but im not sure how to create the annimation. So what if I start from scratch? :0)

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. photong

photong Typo Queen

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey! Long time no talk!

I put each frame on a new layer. Once you do it, you'll slap your forehead because it's sooo simple.

Now, this might be difficult to explain.

For each frame you have to say what layer you want to be visible, and what you do not want to be visible.

I make all of my layers the way I want (i.e. if they’re different images they go on separate layers of course and make sure they’re on the straight before you begin or you’ll have to start all over again). Then I make them all invisible, and then choose what I want visible for the first frame, keeping the rest invisible. Then the second frame I do it again, I make what I want visible and what I don't want invisible.

To save as a .gif you clock 'save optimized as'. If you choose save as it will make it a .psd (which isn’t too bad of an idea incase you want to edit it later.)

Don't forget to say how many seconds you want each frame to go for.

Also, there is a preview under ‘File’ and it’ll open the image in a browser so you can see your progress.

There’s also the animation where you might just want to use a text effect like this: http://www.boomspeed.com/emmasofia3/photong.gif

I didn’t use layers; I just changed the setting for the text effect every time I made a new frame.

My avatar was made with layers.

Did I explain this well enough?

3. GerryDavid

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hehe, I hope so. I dont ahve the software on this pc, so I cant try it out right now, but I saved it as a text file so I can try it out. :0) Thanks for the info. :0)

So what are you up to these days?

4. GerryDavid

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yay, I got it to work. When I loaded imageready I noticed the "advice from experts" on the screen so I clicked that and one of the things it said was side swipe annimated gif, so I clicked that and it showed some screen shots, so I learned I needed the annimation toolbar open, hehe. Im not exactly sure how I did it, but I made an annimated gif. So yay. :0)

Once I get the button done, Ill link it here to show you what I was trying to do. Im not sure to have a 3 or 5 frame gif though, 3 is like 23kb, hmm, hehe.

Thanks for the advice. *Smiles*