How do you motivate yourself?

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We are in the middle of a heat wave. I feel kinda blah cuz of the heat. I have several shoots booked this afternoon in my non-airconditioned studio :(
how do you motivate yourself when you just don't feel like picking up the camera?

Cattle prod...and that doesn't always work.

There's a zillion ways to think about this ... but it all boils down to the first step ... or in this case taking the first step. For me, I break it all down to the individual tasks that need to be done, easier to swallow. Then I take a breath and start on the first step ... the next task becomes easier ... then hopefully auto-mode kicks in after awhile until you need to come back from semi-conscience work and be creative. The first step is the hardest ... the next step is easier ... et cetera. The trick is to overcome your lack of inertia with some movement so make the first movement easy, small and one that doesn't require a lot of thinking.

It has been sooooo flipping hot in the Pacific Northwest lately, along with high humidity, and overnight lows in the early AM period only from 4 AM to 7 AM...it's always a royal PITA during these Pacific Northwest heat waves...

Did the shoot and told myself that I need to start moving up market so I can afford muggins to set up and tear down the set.

buy a air conditioner. If your models are sweating that much and irritable it will ruin your shoot anyway

An air-conditioner that gets used 2 months a year tops for a 2000 sq ft studio?
What do you think I am made of? Money?

Hunger pangs and bills that were due served as motivation for me.
I was motivated by this pretty watch that I just ordered online.

An air-conditioner that gets used 2 months a year tops for a 2000 sq ft studio?
What do you think I am made of? Money?
actually 3 10000, or 12000, btu's would probably suffice for window air conditioners unless you are on a top floor with lots of large sunny windows. About 900 dollars. Provided you have windows to put them in.

ha! if I can convince the building owner to do it, he would turn around and raise my rent significantly....soooooo maybe not.

2 ways to get me shooting.

1. Put an engine mounted on two wheels in front of me and I want to shoot it.

2. retail motivation. If I buy new gear, I want to use it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back