How do you normally shoot? (Mode)

Please select your 'go to' mode that you use most often.

• Manual

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Aperture Priority

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Shutter Priority

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Program Auto

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Full Auto

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Where's the "Slightly Inebriated" mood option?

.... Oh, MODE. Well then, it would be Manual.

:biglaugh:

I use Av (aperture priority) until I just can't get what I want. So far I haven't found the need to go manual all the time, I've got more learning to do.

Manual 95%, aperture priority 5%. I like the control.

This post is another example that I've gotten lucky a few times because I have no clue what mode I shoot in. I do know I'm trying to shoot more in Manual but I'm really having problems getting things in focus and getting into more trouble because I don't know what the heck any of this other stuff means or how it affects my photos.

Um yeah, I think I need a remedial forum...even the beginners forum is too advanced for me!:(

This post is another example that I've gotten lucky a few times because I have no clue what mode I shoot in. I do know I'm trying to shoot more in Manual but I'm really having problems getting things in focus and getting into more trouble because I don't know what the heck any of this other stuff means or how it affects my photos.

Um yeah, I think I need a remedial forum...even the beginners forum is too advanced for me!:(

Just stick with it. You'll get it.

Ask for help when you need it. We're here for you. :hugs:

read your cameras manual, and "understanding exposure" by bryan peterson and you'll be lightyears beyond where you are now.

read your cameras manual, and "understanding exposure" by bryan peterson and you'll be light years beyond where you are now.

Yeah, I probably should read the Book of Words that came with it years ago. The problem is, it reads like it's in stereo. Hopefully the Peterson book will enlighten me.

I get asked all the time what mode I shoot in, especially for some of my prints that are on sale at local shoppes. There's me, standing there, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. Even my own dentist, who bought one of my lighthouse triptych series' knows more about my photography than I do. :meh:

Aperture Priority when shooting available light, with liberal use of the Exposure compensation dial.

Manual when I use flash strobes.

All these were taken in manual mode with flash on.

Pop-up flash? Looks pretty damn good if it is...

haha .. ;) Not a pop up flash. An old canon flash that I can only manually control the power (use it as a non-ttl flash). Tilt it and use it with a better bounce card..

In the beginning, it is a guess work. Once I know the settings, everything is very easy. And all shots will be very consistent. And this is one of the advantage with manual mode. Once that is set, all I need to worry about is the focus.

Most reactions

Back