How do you rate ...

For being self taught in all parts of photography, and photoshop, and computers, I feel I am not even close to the potential I could be at, but since I dont plan on doing this as a career, I will enjoy my 6 :lol::lol: and hope that one day, I can make it a 7, for the fun of it.

Well that would all depend on what I am shooting and if I had enough sleep. I think I’m a good photography and sometime a lucky one. Like to shoot landscapes, baseball, wake boarding, and a little football. And seem to be good at all of them except wake boarding that I suck at. As for the number how does 7 sound

i like some of my shots, but at this point i am still where i dont know what i did to make em come out so nice. i am learning and not a total idiot at it i guess. just really new to this!
the only thing i got going for myself is that i know photoshop pretty well, since i need it for my job.
i'm just doing it as a hobby, so if i ever get to 5, then that'd be pretty cool already :)

4... but every once and I while I pull off a shot that makes me feel like a 10. :)

1 cuz 1 out of 10 are considered keepers... :mrgreen:

I think that while we should not compare ourselves to others (ie: an all inclusive scale), it may be helpful in ~measuring~ our own relative progress.

I suppose if I were to rate myself, I'd put an 8 on it. I'm hoping the next level isn't logrithmic, but it most likely is. I'll just keep working at it.

On a scale of one to ten, I'd rate myself somewhere around a 3 or 4, with most people being zeros or ones and a few of the greats pushing ten.

Depends on what I'm shooting. The stuff that interests me right now is rated around 4.

For being self taught in all parts of photography, and photoshop, and computers, I feel I am not even close to the potential I could be at, but since I dont plan on doing this as a career, I will enjoy my 6 :lol::lol: and hope that one day, I can make it a 7, for the fun of it.

If you are a six, then I am about a 2.

I'd give myself a 4 in landscape, architecture and abstract.

All other areas of photography .. hmm, a 2 or 3 maybe

As a photographer, maybe a 3, but I like to think I rate higher in other endeavors.

At photography, probably a 3 or 4. At guitar, probably a 4 - 5. At car repair, probably a 3 or 4. Downhill skiing, 5 or 6. Snowboarding 4 or 5. Public speaking, 5 or 6. But when I add all my skills together, and I have a lot of skills that I'm decent at, I would say I'm getting a 6 - 8 on life.

Most reactions

Back