how do you say your name

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
When we register a username we know how it should be said. When we read a username we all have our own version in our head. Sometimes the two don't go together. So I'm wondering, how do you say your username?

Mine's boring, fer-nee

vonnagy = von - NAHJ

your the first person her polite enough to ask that :D, I am suspecting that most non eastern european people say von-NAG-gee. I had to emmigrate to NZ because there is nothing worse than to hear the mispronounciation of my name with a southern accent. (or course the mispronounciation in kiwiland is just a bad :grumpy: )

I still don't get it, Mark... I think of you as "von NAY-ghee" (the "g" pronounced as in "good"). Is that all wrong - as wrong as to make me want to run away from me????

"LaFoto" can't be pronounced any different from "LaFoto", only do I imagine that most will think of it with a slight British/American accent, while it is purely Spanish (hence the spelling with the "F" and not "Ph") and means nothing but "The Photo" (which is feminine in all Romanic languages). And since I'm female I thought it might fit. In real life I am a Corinna.

I too was a Von-nag-gee pronouncer. I now see the error in my ways and will do my best to convert to the new.

Hi everyone my name is Luck-e-dog and it's been 2 minutes since my last mispronounciation :)

-Bafarna- from "Bafana Bafana" the South African National Soccer squad's nickname. Thats right, another south african born australian :mrgreen:

My screen name simply stands for:
South
West
FLorida
Real last name is rarely pronounced correctly - Hoagland...pronounced HOE-gland

Mine is pronounced, HAH-bbes 28. The hobbes is for the tattoo I got when I was at a car show and just decided, without a clear head, to get. :D The 28 was how old I was when I started using the username.

My real name, Aubrey, is pronounced AH-bree but in Germany was said like OWW-bree. Neither really bother me.

Ex-Metal, Fairly easy to remember. :)

The strange thing is when people see me in real life they just call me 'X' :?
I even had one guy refering to me as Xander from the film xXx. :D

It's a tough one...Al...i...son....;)

My last name is the one that gives people a hard time. Stalley rhymes with Ali....which is why I never go by Ali in real life. Soon though it will be Power, easier to say :D

vonnagy said:
vonnagy = von - NAHJ

your the first person her polite enough to ask that :D, I am suspecting that most non eastern european people say von-NAG-gee. I had to emmigrate to NZ because there is nothing worse than to hear the mispronounciation of my name with a southern accent. (or course the mispronounciation in kiwiland is just a bad :grumpy: )
I've always gone with von-arg-ee. :oops:

-Bafarna- from "Bafana Bafana" the South African National Soccer squad's nickname.
Like Banana?

Mine is pronounced, HAH-bbes 28.
I thought it was hoe-bss. :scratch:

Most reactions

Back