how do you say your name

LaFoto said:
I have begun to read eromallagadnama's handle backwards. For that is what it must be: her name backwards: Amanda G. Allamore --- that's what I have worked out. Whether that is correct or no, I don't know. But it's much easier than getting my tongue around what is written here!!!

:lol: You're pretty close...Amanda Gallamore althought the middle name starts with a G too...and the last name is just like you'd sound it out Gal...A...More :)

Mine is really arbitrary so it often causes more spelling confusion (by people not looking at it closely enough) than pronunciation confusion, at least I think. But the pronunciation goes... you-nee-mAx-ee-uhm. That's Uni as in "one," Max as in "maximum," and Ium because it sounds cool. People have said it sounds like the name of a vacuum cleaner or a transformer robot toy :lol: . It was just some random nickname I made up for online chat rooms and forums when I was 13 or 14 after I got sick of calling myself HAL9000 (which I used previously... kind of silly heh). I've never bothered to find another one because I just kind of like this one. In real life my first name is Sky... which, if you can't pronounce it, you have problems :p . And yes, that's my full name. My friends and I like to joke that my parents must have been real hippies -- which, in fact, is pretty true. lol.

mygrain said:
my..very similar to "y" but with a "m" before it,
grain...very simliar to "rain" but with a "g" before it.

it's a play on words for migraine headaches which are the greatest part of my life(bullsh@t they suck concentrated ass monkey juice through a coffee stir straw made of petrified bat guano!!!) and "my" last "grain" of sanity. :mrgreen:

LOL when I see your name I always think of "my grain" as in film grain... this is a photo forum after all. To be honest, I never made the connection to migranes until you said it. I feel kind of dumb now. :oops: :eek:ldman: :banghead: LOL.

Hmm that's 3 posts in a row for me. Maybe that was a little much.

Half the time I don't read the names to pronounce them (I see it and know who they are). I will say if for the ones I tried I'm wrong lol Especially Vonnangy because I'm a non Eastern European folk :)

As for Photong...I don't know...shouldn't be hard...'fo-tong' yippy for me :)

Most reactions

Back