• sugar

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Starbucks style "coffee"

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Roofing tar truckstop coffee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like I like my women, hot, sweet and full of cream

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Like I like me men, dark, steamy and hurting the back of my throat.

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
State your favorite places also.

Dark roast with cream and sugar. I can drink black if necessary.

Waffle House or my kitchen.

2 sugars and lately I've been using the thin mint creamer. It's delicious! I use Starbucks morning blend k cups. At work. Only 1 cup a day.

I like espresso ground coffee, brewed in a simple "wet" style, with boiling water poured over the coffee, stirred, steeped, stirred, then filtered. I will buy coffee at Starbucks, Dutch Brothers, Stumptown, Coffee People, Coffee Now, Coffee's On, or most anywhere around the area. Portland, Oregon is a real "coffee town". LOTS of good coffee here, and excellent baristas outnumber lumberjacks (we call 'em loggers, actually). Hell, even a little podunk town near Rotanimod's hometown has an excellent drive-through coffee shack right in the middle of town, called The Human Bean.

I don't really give a crap. I'll take cream and suger if they have actual fresh cream and real sugar. But it's no big deal if they only have milk, or if they only have fake sugar, just would do without one or both with no significant concerns. Or if I'm at home and cream and sugar are inconvenient to access way off in some cabinet somewhere, might just forego them, or not. Shrug.

I like espresso ground coffee, brewed in a simple "wet" style, with boiling water poured over the coffee, stirred, steeped, stirred, then filtered.

That doesn't sound simple to me.

I like espresso ground coffee, brewed in a simple "wet" style, with boiling water poured over the coffee, stirred, steeped, stirred, then filtered.

I took this 10 years ago...I've been making my coffee the same way since 1985...it's pretty simple, really... The new STAINLESS STEEL, insulated French presses from Thermos brand last a loooong time. The classic glass press pitchers, like the delicate, glass, Bodum brand model in this pic, have a half life of from one week to one year...the steel French press pitchers last...years! Believe me--a guy wants a steel pitcher, not a glass one for this method!

$Coffee_April of 2003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I took this 10 years ago...I've been making my coffee the same way since 1985...it's pretty simple, really... The new STAINLESS STEEL, insulated French presses from Thermos brand last a loooong time. The classic glass press pitchers, like the delicate, glass, Bodum brand model in this pic, have a half life of from one week to one year...the steel French press pitchers last...years! Believe me--a guy wants a steel pitcher, not a glass one for this method!

I have a french press and thought it to be such a pain in the ass compared to a mr. coffee machine.

My preference is Costa Rican coffee, medium-blend, with creamer and just a pinch or two of sugar.

My second preference is pretty much ANY coffee, with creamer and just a pinch or two of sugar.
Third preference is any coffee with at least creamer.
Fourth preference--just give me the black coffee.

In other words, I'll drink it however I have to, so long as I get some!
I *rarely* ever go to the "coffee house" sort of places like Starbucks, because I am just WAY too durn cheap for that. There's a little local coffee house downtown that I go to every once in a while, as a treat, but they also have these absolutely delicious fresh-baked sweets, so that's not a good idea for daily visits. :D

If I'm out and just want a cup of coffee, there are some convenience stores here called Weigel's (they used to be Weigel's Farm Stores, where you could buy things like milk, fresh off the dairy farm--but these days, they're just Weigel's)--anyway, they brew a pretty acceptable pot of coffee and a 20-oz. cup is only $1.19, so that generally wins over Starbucks for me.

View attachment 56567

Espresso. My eldest son would LOVE you (and he *already* loves Oregon, from his two or three visits there to see his dad). He loves a really strong espresso. When he's home, he'll use more coffee grounds to make his ONE cup of coffee than I would use to make an entire pot!

Black, preferably dark roast. I like independent coffee houses for the variety and also to support neighborhood businesses, but I can be content with Starbucks if they are the only ones around. I've been buying Melitta coffees and finding them quite a bit better than the mass market stuff and just about as good as the "fancy" coffees, but for a reasonable price. I use a filter cone, either for a single cup or a pot. I've had coffee from a press and it was quite good, but not worth the trouble for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back