How do you talk to girls?

starving4rtist said:
Talking about photography is a great ice breaker too, at least in my past experience.

Mine too.

Artemis said:
LOL...im learning alot :D
But how do you use It as an ice braker.

Arty: "You know, I'd love to be able to photograph you. Your lines are just so beautiful"
Girl: ::Slap!::

Or you could try

Arty: You know, photography has really helped me to see the world differently. I notice the beauty around me more.
Girl ::swoon::

If you find the right girl just talk to her about how much you enjoy photography. If she doesn't know much about it offer to teach the basics.

I'm saying this without really reading other posts because I don't have time.

Approach them as normal people. As if they're a friend. Except, say hello, intro your self with your name and ask theirs. As for further convo, hopefully before you do the intro you can have a few questions to ask her. So say if you've seen her in school and she's in a band or the drama club, ask about that. if you don't know anything about her you can figure something out. Like if you're at a park/bar (but you're too young for that I think?)/coffee shop etc and she's sitting alone ask her where her friends are. Or sit next to her like it's an accident and if she laughs (smiles, etc) at something, ask her what she's laughing and hopefully you can make a conversation from it.

Girls like to be complimented. Er, most girls. I do, but it depends what. I'm really shy, so keep in mind some girls are and telling her she's wearing a nice skirt won't sound very good. Eyes are a big one but it makes it more obvious you're hitting on them or trying to pick them up. Hair isn't so obvious. Same with earings or a necklace.

And then there are those girls where if you say and ask, "Nice shoes. Wanna ****?" They will say yes and do it. You don't need those girls because chances are, they're dirt mania and such as a person in general :)

Of course this is my own opinion :) I have 22 years worth of watching people make bad mistakes.

If you try enough times, you'll see what usually works and what doesn't.

Don't forget to ask for a phone number, or email address, etc.

Nice girls like nice guys *I find this is what's best because a girl who's into certain things will burn the relationship even if you are as well. it makes for a crappy relationship*. Most girls love to laugh and that's HUGE. So I agree, Matt's on the money *throws green bills his way*

Arty: You know, photography has really helped me to see the world differently. I notice the beauty around me more.
Girl ::swoon::

Exactly! :) lol

You don't need a girl/guy who doesn't appreciate, and respect your interests. If say, they don't give you space do practice, and it hurts and breaks the relationship, then let it. It's not worth it. Trust me. I'm glad my boyfriend and I worked that out. It took a while, but I realize those type of things better now.

My boyfriend ALWAYS helps me with my photography. He even enjoys taking some pictures when we go places :) I'm very happy with that. I've even tried drawing. I suck at it, but I do it anyway because it makes others laugh (and I post them in public forums too).

UPDATE:
31 August, 2004.
I smiled at a girl I liked today...
There are a few nice girls at my work, one may be about my age, the rest are like 20...

Artemis said:
UPDATE:
31 August, 2004.
I smiled at a girl I liked today...
There are a few nice girls at my work, one may be about my age, the rest are like 20...

arty, go up to her and say this....

arty: "i just want to tell you that you are the reason i went through puberty"

girl: "slap"

hahaha

no really, go up to her and talk to her!!!!!!! good luck!!

md

Arty -

People generally like to talk about themselves... if you get her talking though, you have to genuinely listen to what she is saying...pay attention to her and express an interest in who she is.... this will give her a chance to express an interest in who you are....good luck!

Bob

I like I like....I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it...*chikens out* she could be alot older still and just look yunger.....

Artemis said:
I like I like....I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it...*chikens out* she could be alot older still and just look yunger.....

Or she could be sitting there doing the same thing you are right now. Never know unless you try!

Artemis, don't sit back and do nothing or you end up wasting opportunities and thinking what if.

I'm sure others will know what i mean when i say this, but as an example a couple of years ago I was walking through a town near me and saw this girl walking towards me that I thought was gorgeous. I smiled at her as we passed and she smiled back and I got eye contact. That was all that happened.

And ever since then I have wondered about what could have happened had I just stopped and said something to her? It's the kind of situation that you might find yourself in once or twice in your life and it's bugged me for about 3 years now!

DON'T LET LIFE PASS YOU BY!

[edit] I feel I should point out that this wasn't just an episode of me letching over a woman :roll: it was a weird moment where something inside me just clicked and there was instant attraction. It's not happened to me since.

Scurra said:
Artemis, don't sit back and do nothing or you end up wasting opportunities and thinking what if.

I'm sure others will know what i mean when i say this, but as an example a couple of years ago I was walking through a town near me and saw this girl walking towards me that I thought was gorgeous. I smiled at her as we passed and she smiled back and I got eye contact. That was all that happened.

And ever since then I have wondered about what could have happened had I just stopped and said something to her? It's the kind of situation that you might find yourself in once or twice in your life and it's bugged me for about 3 years now!

DON'T LET LIFE PASS YOU BY!

I'll have to agree with this. Especially the last line. Life is to short to be looking back at passed up opportunities.

Most reactions

Back