How do you transport your tripod?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Riggaberto, May 28, 2007.

1. Riggaberto

Riggaberto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I often want to go on walks, whether aimlessly or with a specific subject in mind, but I can never think of an effective way to transport my tripod, so I end up carrying it around, it's very unwieldy.

I need some ideas about how to transport my tripod more effectively. It's not one of those nice, big heavy ones, but it's still annoying to carry.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My photo backpack has a tripod pocket and bungee cords to strap a tripod to the back...but I don't use that. My rectangular camera bag has a couple straps on the outside to haul a tripod, which I use from time to time.

What I do use, is a padded tripod bag that came with my Velbon tripod. It's a long skinny padded bag with an adjustable strap.

Also, I keep my other tripod in the bag that used to hold one of those folding lawn chairs.

3. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    mine came with a tripod bag too. so i just carry it on my bag.. or if there is a backpack anyway, I attach it to the backpack.

4. DeepSpring

DeepSpring TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I took a camera strap off a camera I wasn't using and fastned each strap around the top of 1 of the legs. I just throw it over my shoulder and go. It's easy set up becuase I have have any bags to deal with or straps to undo. I just take it off my shoulder and open up the legs.

5. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I carry mine in the back seat of my car. However if I have to actually walk with it, I have a piece of nylon rope, In that funky yellow color. I have a loop tied in each end. With those I make two nooses one on each end. Tripod head in one noose legs in the other tighten them up and you have a strap. Simple, effective, and if the shot is really really bad you can use it to hang yourself.