How Do You Use Your Blog?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by LarissaPhotography, Jan 12, 2009.

1. LarissaPhotography

LarissaPhotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    We put news and specials on our blog. We also put some of our newer samples as blog posts. For certain search terms, some of our blog entries actually rank higher in Google than our site, so it also directs traffic to our site.
    How does everyone else use their blog?

2. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I use mine for telling what is going on with the business. Also I use it to give insite into what we do. We give reviews of our equipment, as well as information on photographic topics.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use it to display more recent photos because I don't update my galleries very often. I also use it to give people a glimpse of my personal side...stuff like that. Some people keep their blog strictly professional but a lot of photographers make it fairly personal, which might help to keep clients interested.

I don't update mine nearly enough...that's the key...to keep the content fresh.

4. federerphotography

federerphotography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I use mine for a mix of everything... recent weddings, recent gear, recent travels, etc. Just lets people see that we are functioning site and not some static 'porfolio' generated over years. Also lets people in on personality - which is huge in the wedding business, imho.

5. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    mostly (when I remember tp update it) I use it to display my shots and photo trips - but I also do a bit of self critique and lesson writing (mostly my own methods). I find that it helps me to understand better what I am doing and can also pass on the information to others

6. shuttercraft

shuttercraft TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My blog was made with the idea that it would one day become a great community of photographers. Here you can find great photography related content like guides, great pictures, photography news, and just about anything a photographer would love! In the future Shuttercraft is going to publish a magazine with content submitted form users of the Shuttercraft Community. I am working with a publishing company about this project. when the time comes Shuttercraft will open a website where anyone can submit Stories, pictures, and much more to be published!

7. BlackDog's

BlackDog's TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My blog is kind of a mixture of things. It’s a place to post my recent work, update people on my long-term projects, post new ideas and great finds I want to recommend to others. Maybe have a few laughs in the process. Some of my clients love to see their pet/child/own portrait on my blog. They love to brag and tell people that the photographer put their photograph on her blog. Some like to follow along with what I’m doing. I have old friends from high-school who tell me they follow my blog even though they’ve never commented. It’s a place to update people on my photography. It adds a small personal touch to my business.

8. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    For the most part I ramble, and then add the odd photo here and there.

9. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I try to keep primarily my sister informed on what goes on in my life. It is a kind of "illustrated report". She actually goes to "read" my blog at times (though true fact is: she only looks at my photos). But I lag behind! Much so. I'm STILL reporting about our trip to Turkey. That was last year in October!!! :shock: :roll:

10. astrostu

astrostu I shoot for the stars

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My blog is alternatively titled, "Crap-Based Astronomy," where I point out all the, well, crap-based astronomy out there. :)

11. scole

scole TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I started mine over the holidays and ultimately use it to expand my visibility on the web. As for the content, my desire is to tell the story behind the photos I take. I don't feel comfortable posting real lessons about photography (theory, composition, etc) but I will try to post info that might help others such as using Google Earth to scout for photo locations.

12. Holy Ghosted

Holy Ghosted TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I use my blog for updates recent photos and recent shoots as well as for articles I wright. It also works for a proofing for the articles that are some times used on other web sites I work with.