How does one edit like this? PLEASE HELP.

sopheachoun56

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

I've been struggling on my editing skills and everything just seems a little flat. I'm playing with different styles and trying to get a good feel of how to edit in lightroom. I hope someone can help how to better edit photos. Attached here is a link to two pictures on the style I am trying to achieve.I love how the black is really dark but the exposure or any colors are not compromised. Any suggestions would be absolutely appreciated. Thank you all.

@1st on Instagram: “@jeffstaple made pigeons cool.”

@1st on Instagram: “Pals.”

The second one has had a lot of color sucked out. The first one has had the blacks desaturated by lifting the black end of the curves upward, in effect "fogging" the black tones. For the second look, look at some of the Matt K's free! Killer Lightroom Presets like New York Style, and Ultimate Fighter.

Matt has changed the site since I was there last Lightroom Killer Tips - Lightroom Presets, Videos, Tips and News

Look around for his presets. Download them, and try some of them.

The second one has had a lot of color sucked out. The first one has had the blacks desaturated by lifting the black end of the curves upward, in effect "fogging" the black tones. For the second look, look at some of the Matt K's free! Killer Lightroom Presets like New York Style, and Ultimate Fighter.

Matt has changed the site since I was there last Lightroom Killer Tips - Lightroom Presets, Videos, Tips and News

Look around for his presets. Download them, and try some of them.

Wow great explanation. I see what you mean now. Thank you a bunch for this great insight. Eventually I will like to find my own personal style. I think this is something along the lines of how I would like my photos.

Thank you for pointing me to the tips and presets. I'm absolutely grateful for the directions.

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back