How Does This Happen! It's so cool - frost

Having a bedroom window like that would only be cool if I didn't have to leave nice warm blankets at all. :p

Haha :p Well I think what causes it is the cold air meeting the warm. It's not that bad :p. It is an old window though - lol. There is another window in front of it so there's no way I can actually touch the frost unless I remove the first window somehow.

We had a lot of hoar frost around here during the holidays. On X-mas day, there was even frosty trees and blue skies...that is a rare treat. I did get outside to shoot a few quick shots, but it was a busy day.

I went out a few days later and shot when it was very foggy...visibility down to around 100 feet.

Maybe someday I'll find time to process those shots :er:

Sounds nice! You should process them :)

Great shots! That kind of frost is really neat for sure. One time while backpacking in NC in the late winter we were looking to set up camp for the night, but could not find any running water anywhere. We searched up and down the hillsides but to no avail, and finally had to give up. But come morning time, we found frost just like that everywhere, and were able to gather enough to melt down until we made it to a stream. What a lifesaver!

Hahaha whoa thats cool! You didn't take ANY water with you guys?? I would have died! (Not literally, but y'know :p)

Awesome!

I used to live in Saskatoon, and we'd get great frost - I LOVED waking up to the white landscape. Miss it so much....

I'm in Ontario now, and for some reason they don't get the frost that covers the trees, just snow.

Most reactions

Back