How dust appear?

What the HELL :irked: I need to do to avoid the dust on CCD. I clean the sensor every week with Eclipse fluid.

This is not a good method.. I hate this Nikon D40X camera. I never change the lens. I have a 50mm lens not more. And I have dust.. And very ugly dust, appear at f8 and the rocket blower not help me to clean the CCD!

I hear much wet cleaning damage the sensor.. Any idea?

Dust is part of owning a dslr.. there's really nothing you can do about it. Film SLRs have dust too, but since the surface changes after every shot/film advance, you probably wouldn't notice.

I clean my sensor myself when I start noticing a lot of dust.. if it's just one or two spots.. well, photoshop has a clone tool..

You probably could remedy most of the dust problem with a Giottos Rocket Blower. Also, I'm surprised you have any issues with dust as low as f1.8 aperture. I never see dust until I get upwards of f16. You sure it's not collecting on the back of the lens (mount end)?

The dust appear at f/8. Sometimes I want to capture a whole subject, not isolated subjects at f/1.8 !

This much wet cleaning thing damage the low-pass filter, is true ?

What the HELL :irked: I need to do to avoid the dust on CCD. I clean the sensor every week with Eclipse fluid.

This is not a good method.. I hate this Nikon D40X camera. I never change the lens. I have a 50mm lens not more. And I have dust.. And very ugly dust, appear at f8 and the rocket blower not help me to clean the CCD!

I hear much wet cleaning damage the sensor.. Any idea?

You can swap camera to the latest olympus, it has built in dust removal. Every time the camera is switched on it shakes the sensor to get rid the dust. You pay about $500 or more for that - but that includes antishake feature built in as well.

Alternatively you have to master your tools to suit you, as you are the master of your tools. Otherwise it end up works the other way round.

Yes? No?

Upgrade is not a solution for me.. Now I don't have enough money.

Yes I think rocket blower is good idea but here exist a welded dust and not leave the sensor with blower.

I need to use Eclipse fluid and I don't know exactly, this is a good solution for me?.. The fluid not damage the low-pass filter after much cleaning?

I try to keep the camera every time in bag.

I have just bought a cleaning kit which is still not open at the moment. It includes the blower brush, bottle of liquid and a tissues. I will use unly blower for the dust, no more. More than that I will let the reseller to do it.

Is your camera still under warranty?

I know how to clean the CCD. Thanks... I want to find a solution how to avoid dust, because I don't want to clean the sensor every week.

BTW, photoshol not recommand Pec-Pads to clean the CCD

I have just bought a cleaning kit which is still not open at the moment. It includes the blower brush, bottle of liquid and a tissues. I will use unly blower for the dust, no more. More than that I will let the reseller to do it.

Is your camera still under warranty?

Yes the camera is under warranty, but im not interested in warranty. Nikon service not exist here. I need to pay for transport and for cleaning. Is much time and money.

I like to clean the sensor myself, what Nikon do for me ? clean my sensor with Eclipse. I do the same thing at home.

If sensor is scratched is scratched in my arms. The cleaning is not a problem for me I want to avoid dust. The D40X work like a dust magnet.

Now I try to buy copperhill brush to avoid much chemical fluid. Arctic butterfly is expensive and I think is not better than any other charged brush.

ok ok, this is not about cleaning you say, but about avoiding the dust.

I do not know much about your particular camera, but as I said before, with some cameras there might be some abrasion from the shutter blade, which settles on the sensor as dust after a while.

With my current camera it took about 4000 shutter actuations and then I had less and less dust. In the beginning I had to clean the sensor about once a week, no matter if i changed lenses alot or not. These days I only clean once every 2 months, unless i was changeing lenses in really bad environments.

so maybe there is the chance that things get better for you as well...

I saw a man yesterday with a nikon D2x just rip his lens off right in the middle of a park with the camera facing right up and he wasn't even bothered!

as dust does not fall, but is moved by convection, it really does not matter which way the camera faces when you swap lenses. Make sure though, that the birds don't drop anything :p

I change lenses without much concern - wherever I am.

With all that cleaning inside of the camera, whether it's with fluid or blower, dust will get into places in the camera that you can't reach. Blowers just move the dust from your sensor to other parts of your camera. So when you put the lens back on, there's still dust inside the camera and with the shutter moving around all the time, I'm sure all that hidden dust is getting kicked up again. I doubt there's any way to totally avoid dust. It's just a part of our lives.

Most reactions

Back