how far back do you remember?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by JonMikal, Oct 23, 2005.

1. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

i can remember specific events in 1958, i was 3.

scoob tells me he remembers sleeping in a crib...he graduated to a twin bed before 2. but i'll let him tell you more about that :)

2. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

I remember things back to when I was three. I used to hear that they trained astronauts to eat in space by making them hang upside down and eat so I put my belt through a branch and hung upside down eating bananas and apples. I can still even remember the layout of the house we moved out of when I was five.

3. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    hmmm,,, i remember climbing ayers rock when I was about 3.
    And I also remember my second birthday party, which was held out in the bush in the Northern Territory. It was pissing down with rain, and we had our 4WDs all set up with tarps between them and the caravans. It was the best!! I can actually remember quite a bit from that trip we did. We went up to Cape Tribulation and then across to the Northern Territory and then drove down to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock.

4. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I can remember my Mom brushing my hair when I was about 4 or 5. I also remember sitting in the "way back" of our station wagon with my brother looking for Christmas lights at about age 4.

5. Unimaxium

Unimaxium TPF Noob!

Northeastern University, originally from Philly
    Photos OK to edit
    I remember a song my father & his friend wrote for my 2nd birthday (it was just a parody of another song). Although I'm not sure if I actually remember it from my 2nd birthday of from hearing it replayed at a later date.

Like scoob I also remember being in my crib when I was really young. I enjoyed watching the little mobile my parents hung above it.

6. ShutteredEye

ShutteredEye TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have many memories from 4 and previous.

I have memories from a trip to the beach that mom says happened when I was 3. And I remember my parents leaving town to go back east to my grandfather's funeral. I had to stay with the neighbors, and that happened when I was about 2.5y/o.

7. Eric.

Eric. TPF Noob!

I can barely remember yesterday and there was no alchol involved. Although I can remember my third birthday. I had a sweet cake. It was 3d in the shape of a train with popcorn for a stack and licorish for track. I had to wear this sweet outfit of a conductor. That's about as early as I can go.

8. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I remember when I learned to climb out of my crib, and that was around 2 or so. I also remember getting a doll for my birthday (that I still have) and where the party was and everything...I could swear my mom told me I got that for my first birthday, but I'm not so sure it's possible to remember that far back...so that mighta been when I was 2 as well.

9. David A

David A TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a really vivid memory of my very early childhood in Princeton, NJ, most likely because it's pretty much my favorite place on earth. My earliest memorys are probably running through our backyard and riding around on the back of our yellow lab...the very earliest would probably be when I was got my first bee sting. I remember when I was ten and my I asked my mom about it and she was amazed that I still remembered it...She said I was almost 3...very late 2's.

(I was running to the back doors and I stepped on a bee and it stung me...not a big deal, just something I remembered.)

10. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I remember some events clearly back to about age 4....beyond that, just a few flashes or memory here and there. I remember this house we lived in that had clear acrylic doorknobs and my brother telling me they were diamonds. :lol: I loved those doorknobs. My mom says I was about 3 when we moved from there.

11. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can remember a train ride from Montreal to Toronto where my sister opened a can of pop and sprayed the window. I was only three at the time which would be 1967. Almost a decade after JM's first memory :)

Eric

12. surfingfireman

surfingfireman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I freak my parents out by how much I remember from when we lived in South America, I was 3.