How far do you go?

One thing I think about when whitening teeth is what a dentist once told me: "Never whiten your teeth whiter than the white of your eye is"

In practice when the teeth are more white that the white of the eye it begins to look unnatural, hope this helps.

One thing I think about when whitening teeth is what a dentist once told me: "Never whiten your teeth whiter than the white of your eye is"

In practice when the teeth are more white that the white of the eye it begins to look unnatural, hope this helps.

Doesn't work in this pic, because the white in the eyes has a slight blue tint.

skieur

Here's my try with NJman's suggestion:
8eb2de8.jpg

The colour in your edit looks more lifeless than the colour in your original. You may have been trying to improve the look of the skin, but as is always the case in portraits, a global change is never a solution.

skieur

The colour in your edit looks more lifeless than the colour in your original. You may have been trying to improve the look of the skin, but as is always the case in portraits, a global change is never a solution.

skieur

Ha ha. Oops. I went back to the original and forgot to enhance the contrast again. :confused:

it has been a very long day. when i first read the beginning of your post, i did not realize that you were asking about editing. i am sitting here thinking, 'what an inappropriate place to ask about whitening your teeth.'

i am off to take a much needed nap....

it has been a very long day. when i first read the beginning of your post, i did not realize that you were asking about editing. i am sitting here thinking, 'what an inappropriate place to ask about whitening your teeth.'

i am off to take a much needed nap....

Hahahhahaha.......... goodnight! :lmao:

Good teeth editing wildmaven, it works. :wink:

The key isn't to whiten eyes and teeth, but to lighten them compared to the surrounding skin tone. A little lightening goes a long way, unless you want that possessed look. To remove yellow I make another layer just to work on the teeth, use curves blue channel (increase blue) and saturation (decrease) if really discolored. Once I have it right I use a mask to paint in the corrected teeth.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back