How far do you want to go?

I also just found out I may be approached to do some more jobs for a photographer I assisted a little while ago. I finally get to see a little money as well, and hopefully it will lead to even more jobs. I'm also slowly working towards a formal education with a final zenith of a masters in photojournalism. I just have a whole lot of work and about 3-4 more years of school before I have that masters.

My whole life i have seen myself pursuing engineering, but ever since photography........I see myself being a professional, doing photojournalism for a living.

I would like to make a little money..It would be nice to replace my current job, but I would be satisfied with my camera paying for itself and it's accessories. Maybe even by my wife somethind nice now and then would be a nice bonus.

It may sound a bit too ambitious but I would like to be a war photographer, I have been through two wars in my life and I know how media, in particular pictures, can effect the outcome of a war. It is important to show the beauty of the world, but it is also important to show the ugliness, so that it may not be repeated.

I would like to change the world in some way shape or form.

How i'm going to do that, i dunno. Am I going to do that? beats me.

My goals with photography lie more in the gallery end of the spectrum. Really I would just like to continue to do what I want, just be infinitely better at it.
Photography is the one part of my life where I am utterly selfish. I do this for me. I would like other people to appreciate what I do, and to pull their own emotions from the result, however ultimately other people are an after thought for me.
;)

I don't want to stop learning and experiencing the fun of photography. When it's not fun, there is no reason for me to pursue it any longer.

I'll go as far as it takes me.

I was actually thinking about going back after my PhD for a BFA in Photography, just for the knowledge of it (plus being on staff I could attend classes for free). I get a few jobs here and there to pay for equipment and such and thats good enough for now.

Most reactions

Back